F/S Brasher Doubloon

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by masterswimmer, Jun 5, 2020.

1. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Penna_Boy

Penna_Boy Just a nobody from the past

15 million - WOW!

4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I just place my bid for $142.97.

5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

You have to wonder why he's going with some private company like that instead of a big auction. This would be the highlight of a Major auction, and you'd think it'd get crazy high bids.

masterswimmer likes this.
  6. Keyman64

Keyman64 Well-Known Member

I took some cell phone pics of this example at Winter FUN 2014 when I was able to hold it in lot viewing, along with my daughter too! Amazing coin to have in hand. It sold for a LOT LESS than 15 Million and I highly doubt an AU version would be able to come close to that figure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

There's a difference between the one you held and pictured. That one apparently has five brothers and sisters.
    The one in this upcoming sale is a single, unique specimen with no other comparables. The one going into the auction has the EB on the eagles breast. Your pic shows the EB on the eagles wing.

Keyman64 likes this.
  8. Keyman64

Keyman64 Well-Known Member

@masterswimmer Ahhh, thanks! I clearly didn't pay that close attention. Thank you for the help. I know in 2014, the one I held, there was chatter about it maybe selling for $10 Mil etc but it obviously came NOWHERE close.

9. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Still is incredibly cool though.

10. Joe Campbell

Joe Campbell Well-Known Member

11. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Punch on breast is unique. I don’t see it selling for 15 mil though. I see it around 9-10m. Still an amazing coin

Draft saved Draft deleted