Extra-Easy Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lincolncent, Oct 21, 2011.

1. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Hey everybody!
    Hope all are doing well. I'm not on a whole lot due to school keeping me outrageously busy. Not easy becoming a meteorologist :p
    But anyways, I wanted to ask all of you to go to http://www.gleegiveanote.com/vote_details.php?id=236 and vote for Phil Campbell High School (the link takes you straight to their page.) The school was basically destroyed during the tornado outbreak on April 27th and the music program put together the video to try to win $50k for the school. Last I was told they are still in 3rd place. You can vote once per day per computer, smartphone, etc. Now here's the contest.
    Post here for each time you vote and I will enter your name into a random number drawing (once per vote). The winner will receive some old foreign coins. :) The contest ends when the voting closes on 11/7/11 so you could have over 20 entries if you vote every day! The only exclusion I have is that you must be from the US (not because I don't love you foreign guys :D ) Any post count is ok. Best of luck to everyone and lets get these votes rolling in. :)
    Thanks everyone!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Voted. I'll try to remember to get a few more in before the deadline.

4. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Done! By the way ***unless I can't see well enough, voting ends on the 7th, not the 17th***

:)

5. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

6. Zephr

Zephr New Member

Voted 3 times - Personal computer, school computer, iPod touch

7. lunar lord

lunar lord Junior Member

Voted , Hope you Win :)

8. wiggam007

wiggam007 Cut-Rate Parasite

A vote from me :yes:

9. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

You got my vote!

10. §ilent Thought§

§ilent Thought§ Junior Member

11. GJ1103

GJ1103 coin addicted Navy man

Voted. Thanks for the contest and I hope the school wins.

12. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

I got a vote in.

13. Tyler G.

Tyler G. Active Member

One more vote.I'll vote everyday from here on out

14. thecoinlover

thecoinlover Banned

I didn't vote, what's my prize? I will pick for myself, may I see pictures of your prized collection? Possibly a whole wheat collection, or that 1916-D dime you got last year? :D

15. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Hey guys!
    The end date is actually November 7, I just can't see very well. Reckon I need new glasses. Thanks to lucyray for letting me know. :)
    The school is up 2,000 votes today so they are doing well! I'm not personally from Alabama, however I know many people that are and being a weather weenie its hard to not do everything I can for those people. I don't know how many of you followed the outbreak closely but the final totals on the outbreak were as follows:

Total number of tornadoes: 449
    Total fatalities: 316
    Total injured: 2775
    Total property damage: $4.65B

This took place over 20 states. And for some idea of magnitude consider this: the same tornado that hit Tuscaloosa and Birmingham touched down to my west and went 10 miles north of my house here in NE GA (500 miles away) and killed one person in Mountain City, GA. The storm traveled 526 miles (if I recall correctly) and went over Brasstown Bald (elevation nearly 5000ft) without disruption. So simply put an insane day. Well, now you know. :D

16. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

voted again from home

17. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

voted thanks and what a great idea supporting a good cause. Great idea! oh, and I hope ur better than OUR local meteorologists (rolls eyes) :)

18. 5dollarEdunote

5dollarEdunote Coin Connoisseur

Voted, i'll make sure to give them one each day. Good luck to them, and thanks for the contest.

19. dctjr80

dctjr80 Senior Member

I voted, please include me in the contest!!! Thanks in advance!

20. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Count me in for another vote ;)

21. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Just voted . Hope the school wins .

Draft saved Draft deleted