Exhibit - War! Neptune! Horses?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Catbert, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

OK, Eddie mate, you got it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Looks like another exhibit entry to me...

4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Exactly--very nice, Cat!

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

are we geting another exhibit on this coin?

6. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

Nah - I think these pics should stay with the original thread. By the way, I took these pics in December 2008 and cropped them with some old software (Microsoft Digital Image software that came with my computer - so it was free to me!). So, I guess this entry will fail the extra points for not using the designated free software.

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Well, I'm not RMS. I'm trying to gently prod people to enlightment through education, and not beat them over the head with a stick.

I was hoping though for a work up because i though a good look at the side lettering is new ground for a lot of people and worth a talented writer like you to help others explore this interesting area of coin collecting.

Ruben

8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Cool tokens !!
    I really like the one with the croc on it......:hammer:

9. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

11. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

ROFL

Where you on vacation about 2 months ago?

Ruben

12. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

New Pics from Todd Pollock

Yes, I'm updating my old thread. This is one of my favorite tokens:

[​IMG]

Sadly, my original pics do not pick up the luster or color properly. The above photo was taken by Todd Pollock.

13. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

This has always been one of my favorite exhibits but it seems I'm in the minority on that opinion. God knows Catbird must have worked for days on this.

15. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

Wow, Ruben. This was kind of cool to see my nearly 4 year old thread resurrected. This token is one of my favorite pieces I own and the history behind it adds enjoyment for me. I don't visit here much anymore, but thanks for bringing this one up for me to read it again and remember those times on CoinTalk.

16. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Its a sensational write up and It deserves recognition!

17. areich

areich America*s Darling

The English tradition of Maritime painting came right out of the Dutch usage and followed William and Mary to England from the Netherlands. Ruyshdale, Cuyp and others perfected it. But the height of the art was likely Willem van de Velde the Elder and his son who started in the United Providences and then moved to England. One of his great works was a "pencil painting"
    The Council of War on board 'De Zeven Provinciën.

[​IMG]

One of the amazing innovations these artists did was actually to wade into naval battles in rowboats and small schooners, sometimes successfully putting their lives at risk.

cplradar likes this.
  18. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

Have you ever been to Trafalgar Square?

Draft saved Draft deleted