Examples of Falling Prices

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Gregg, Dec 19, 2017.

1. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Use the crap for fertilizer in your garden and the heavy metal in your CD player.

Chris;)

green18 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

...and the bronze to get a disease? o_O:D;)

And, and, and if it's a bronze award given for volunteer work, is that a social disease?

4. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

I'm forgetting why I post on this website.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

...says the guy whose self-admitted mood according to his mood band is "GOOFY". :beaver: back atcha.

6. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Should I get the 26 foot van then?

7. 352sdeer

The pistol grip is why I chose this one, thought you might feel more comfortable.

8. V. Kurt Bellman

Yeah, and stuff that U-Haul stuff too. Penske, baby. ALWAYS Penske.

9. 352sdeer

West coast/East coast. Penske it is........26 foot enough I want to get it all.

10. V. Kurt Bellman

I used to do photos and scads of photo lab work for both Penske Leasing and Penske Racing's Indy Car operation. It's a habit.

11. 352sdeer

It’s okay we understand. Rodents have small brains.

12. 352sdeer

Okay fine Kurt I’ll just rent the 26 footer!

13. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Isn't this supposed to be the place to try-out for Comedy Central?

Chris

14. ddddd

ddddd Member

Just like with most things in life, you have to separate the wheat from the chaff....there are both useful and useless replies in most threads.

15. 352sdeer

Kurt untreated your Bronze disease can lead to this. 57AFC74D-A725-496F-967E-DA9E6076A2C6.jpeg
    And won’t you look funny missing your D indeed!

16. V. Kurt Bellman

Why, what have you heard? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

17. 352sdeer

Nothing nothing I just don’t want to see you with a D sized hole under your date

18. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

As a dealer, I sold a lot of common-date MS65 Morgans for $500 in the mid to late 80's. That was a bubble for sure - especially when you could pick the same coins up for $100 twenty years later. Commems are low now, so it is the time to pick up the nicer ones and scarcer ones. Things always go in cycles, and their day will come again. I bought a beautiful 1882 Morgan that was in a SEGS slab as MS65 for 90% of bid (it glowed!) and crossed over first time to PCGS. I paid $400 for it then, but now I think it sheets for $300 or so. I won't sell it for less than I paid for it because it is a PQ coin and brings in the customers and dealers to my cases at shows. I didn't buy it to make money, so my wife or daughter will get to decide what they should sell it for.

Gregg likes this.
  19. justafarmer

justafarmer Senior Member

He took that bath well before offering to sell you the coin for $100.00. It doesn't matter how much money he paid for that coin way back when. All he/she should be concerned with is how much money it will cost him to replace that in his inventory today. Some else walks in with a similar coin later in the day and pays $75.00 for it. He started the day with a 1928 Peace Dollar and ends the day with a 1928 Peace Dollar and 25 bucks in his pocket

20. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Specific example...I purchased an '82 CC in 66PL...it was sold (Heritage auction) in Sept 2005 for $1,610...I bought it in Aug 2016 for $400 less.

Gregg likes this.
  21. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

But don't forget that a mid-1980's MS-65 Morgan is quite possibly an MS-66+ (or better) today.

Draft saved Draft deleted