Everything you should know about '32 - '64 quarters.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by LA_Geezer, Jul 15, 2019.

1. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

varieties and nicely toned coins liven up collections of Washies.
    1932-s washington quarter toned obv.jpg 1932-s washington quarter toned rev.jpg 1950-S rpm obv.jpg 1950-s rpm wshie closeup.jpg 1950-S washie rpm rev.jpg
    (you can drop the "nicely" from the 32-s, LOL)

LA_Geezer and Islander80-83 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Another "Key Date" I noticed some dealers pushing is the 1934 D. A few months ago I was at an LCS and he had one in the case, uncirculated for 100 dollars. Check ebay and this coin in BU goes for well over 100. If this isn't a key date, would this be an example of some dealers trying to "Create" key dates to inflate prices? Some sure love to brag how they get BU at whole sale price of 2 to 3 dollars, all the while inflating the price up to 25 dollars and more.

I use the 1934 D as an example because I like GWQ's too, I know it's not scientific, but the 34 D around 2011 was as best I can recall under 100 dollars in UNC. over the last 8 years this price has inflated greatly.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  4. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

A 34-D (IMO) isn't a key date. Yes, dealers/sellers sell coins on hype and false advertising.......buyer beware!

LA_Geezer likes this.
  5. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Thanks @ksparrow for the great photos, and thanks to all for making this an inspiring and informative thread after all. I think @physics-fan3.14 has surpassed the usefulness of his book here, too.

ksparrow likes this.
  6. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

Great. All the dates you good folks have mentioned are ones I don't have! Guess I'll have to go searching again. But that's the fun of collecting, right?

7. LA_Geezer

I found a '41-S in my group of GWQs, so I have to correct myself, IT is the earliest in my collection, albeit fairly worn, and not my various AU/BU 1944s as stated, earlier. I can't say how I came by this one either.

8. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

9. LA_Geezer

If I had the skills and a decent camera—and, no, I don't have a smart phone either—I'd be happy to put them up. The entire collection is in cardboard coin flips now.

Islander80-83 likes this.
  10. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

I found this in a quarter roll from the bank. Had to look three times to make sure I wasn't just imagining things. IMG_3676.jpg IMG_3675.jpg

11. LA_Geezer

That's a nice one! I'm not very good at assigning grades, but that one looks like it might have been stowed away shortly after the mint issued it. Perhaps the owner passed it on to his grandchildren.

Draft saved Draft deleted