Everyones top coin info pages?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jason1367, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Hey everyone. Ive only been collecting for a few years and im always wanting to read and learn about our ever changing hobby. I sometimes feel as if ive googled and found every page the net has. It feels as if I see the same pages over and over. So I figured ide start a thread and have everyone contribute their favorite coin pages. It might make googling coins not so redundant.. Thanks! And happy new year!
    -Jason

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

From Mine to Mint........Roger W. Burdette

The Comprehensive Catalog and Encyclopedia of Morgan and Peace Dollars........Leroy Van Allen & A. George Mallis

The Official Red Book of Morgan Silver Dollars.......Q. David Bowers

The Official Price Guide to Mint Errors.......Alan Herbert

Biographical Dictionary of Medallists.........L. Forrer

Olympic Medals and Coins: 510BC-1994..........Victor Gadoury

Numismatic Photography.......Mark Goodman

Crime of 1873: The Comstock Connection........Robert R. Van Ryzin

The Authoritative Reference on Eisenhower Dollars........John Wexler, Bill Crawford and Kevin Flynn

NOTE: Most of these are probably not available for reading on the net.

Chris

Jason1367 and Numismat like this.
  4. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I'm going to assume you meant web pages (correct me if I'm wrong) I spent quite some time reading every coin description/history in PCGS.com very interesting! I also use their two apps on my iPhone Photograde and Price Guide. Books are another thing and I'll answer later if I can remember.

5. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Yes web pages. It seems like the more I look the more I see the same web pages over and over.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Yep, I didn't misunderstand you. It's just that there are probably a lot more books available that aren't printed on the internet.

Chris

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Awe ok gotcha. Well if that's the case... Post everything, web or print. Anything ya can learn from.

8. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Web pages or print

9. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

I think @jaceravone has a good website with links to some great informational pages...

jaceravone likes this.
  10. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

I've been working on BustieGuide.com

Jason1367 likes this.
  11. Seattlite86

Below are the books I own for Numismatics:
    Cherrypicker’s Guide to Die Varieties Volumes I and II 5th edition
    ANA Grading Standards 6th edition
    Standard Catalog of World Coins by Cuhaj (1801-1900, 1901-2000, and 2001-2013) à These are a MUST if you are a World Type Collector like me
    The Top 100 Morgan Dollar Varieites: The VAM Keys by Fey and Oxman
    The Expert’s Guide to Collecting and Investing in Rare Coins by Bowers
    Chopmarked Coins – A History by Gullberg
    Ancient Greek and Roman Coins by Klawans
    Several Red Books

jaceravone and Jason1367 like this.
  12. Seattlite86

I'm certain he has others, but here is one we both enjoy: http://winsociety.org/

jaceravone and Jason1367 like this.
  13. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

I was up a antique shop by my house and way back in the corner is a little coin display and he has about 15 different red books. Its real cool to see how the coin values increase year by year. Up until when I went to that shop I never knew that even the red books themselves are worth some cash.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  14. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

15. Seattlite86

I love antique shops! Too bad the internet allows them to research every coin they have nowadays!

Jason1367 likes this.
  16. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Yea this place is AWESOME!! The guy that owns the coin corner is a jerk. Very over priced. One day I went up and asked if he would be willing to make trades the old dude was like **'/;***. He cussed me out lol. Miserable soul for sure. But the rest of the store is awesome. Its a full store but each area is owned my a different dealer. Sometimes when you go in the vendor will be there and you can haggle on prices and pull some good deals out of there. But if anyone is looking for red books im sure I can get more info for ya.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  17. Seattlite86

Haha, some collectors can be a bit curmudgeonly when dealing with people. And I wish I lived near an antique place, but there aren't many around here. Of course, if I lived near one, I'd need free time to go visit!

Jason1367 likes this.
  18. Jason1367

Jason1367 Member

Honestly, for living in a medium size city this shop is the only one. There are a few little coin shops that pop up now and again but as far as antiques, this is the only one. Its funny because im 32 and when I walk in all heads turn. There are very few people my age and younger that appreciate old stuff. It sucks but its true.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  19. Seattlite86

20. Seattlite86

Cheers, 28 here :)

treylxapi47 and Jason1367 like this.
  21. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

31 here.

treylxapi47 and Jason1367 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted