Ever put a Lot number in as a Bid? I made a BIG mistake tonight

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by geekpryde, Jul 24, 2014.

1. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Wait until you enter a bid like that and don't catch it. I can't remember which coins it was - but I reversed my bids on two coins. I remember when I was out bid I was surprised on the one coin. So I went into that auction and placed the original bid that it was supposed to be. Never thinking about it. When the auction was over and I won both coins and that was when I saw what I did. I was very lucky nobody really wanted the second coin. I got really lucky when this happened on heritage - been really careful since then. Very seldom do I do a batch bids anymore.

geekpryde likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

If it was something sexy and early and you'd bought it you could've maybe bailed out by selling it to one of your fellow local coin collectors :)

4. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Yeah, I thought that but I'm still winning the auction. :confused: They said they will take care of it, but maybe they mean wrap up my $5000 coin real nice and ship it out right-quick. :depressed:

5. geekpryde

True, you would like this coin a lot. But even you don't want a great $2000 coin for $5000. :p

6. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

No not really! I'd love a $5k coin for $2k tho :)

geekpryde and treylxapi47 like this.
  7. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

You can retract the bid yourself like an earlier poster also mentioned. Just google retracting a bid on ebay and you can figure it out if you so desire.

8. geekpryde

It wasnt eBay. And I am currently still the winning bidder....

Tinpot likes this.
  9. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

They probably just want to wait until near the end so they can out the other bidders with your unintended shill bid. With that knowledge they can shill bid it safely if necessary. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted