Ever look at the PCGS Shared Orders page?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by C-B-D, Jul 24, 2017.

1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I enjoy it. It's optional for members to share their submission results for all to see. Mine are public. But every few days I see a shared order with a Counterfeit coin. Must be stressful to be a grader.
    Screenshot_20170724-140053.png

calcol and Seattlite86 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's fun to browse. I feel bad for some people though when I stumble across a brutal one

4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw a guy that submitted 1 coin back in early May that just posted Friday. He got a details.

5. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Yeah, I've poked around there for over a decade, and seen some submissions where every coin was bad news of one kind or another, others with most every coin being a major rarity, and still others filled with unbelievably huge dollar die varieties (probably the ultimate in major show cherry-pickers).

C-B-D likes this.
  6. baseball21

I saw one a while back with Chinese coins that must have been at least 90/95 percent counterfeits

7. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

:jawdrop::jawdrop:

8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Check this one out. Waiting since May 9th to get this kind of news:
    Screenshot_20170724-191959.png

9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

This guy sent in around $15,000 in coins.
    Screenshot_20170724-192313.png

10. baseball21

Collectors of Asian coins seem to be the ones consistently getting the most bad news with the counterfeits

11. baseball21

12. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

And people wonder why I stay away from the modern Asian stuff like the plague.

13. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

Man, some of these make me shake my head and say "RIP in peace" (yes I know it's redundant).

14. TypeCoin971793

I immediately looked at your age in your profile, and my suspicions were confirmed. I always say "RIP in Pieces."

NSP likes this.
  15. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

What do you make of This? Someone thoight they had a 1944 steel cent?
    Screenshot_20170725-112453.png

16. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

I just got an unreal fast turnaround with pcgs. They received June 27th and I had the coins back in hand last Friday. That was for regular service too was shocked.

They still have 2 coins I'm trying to cross so I guess I have to pay return shipping twice. Made a note on there but I guess for different types of orders they process and ship separately?

C-B-D likes this.
  17. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

NGC makes it way easier to ship your orders together. Sometimes PCGS catches the request to ship together. But most times, not, in my experience. That IS a fast turnaround tho!

18. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

Yep hard to complain about the shipping thing because I was so impressed. I sent in a few to NGC over a month before this PCGS order and PCGS almost beat them back. Literally got the NGC order in hand 1 day before PCGS order came back.

19. baseball21

Mostly older Asian stuff from the submissions I've seen. I agree though, I wouldn't touch raw Chinese coins with a 20 foot poll

20. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

21. TypeCoin971793

Modern = post 1880. I specialize in cast Chinese coins from before 1880, but I avoid almost everything afterward.

Draft saved Draft deleted