Ever have weird coin related dreams?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Idries Pappas, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

That Must stink watching that unfold

tommyc03 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MisterWD

MisterWD Active Member

Check out "Somewhere In Time" with Christopher Reeve. It's the closest thing to a coin related dream I've ever seen in the movies.

It was filmed at The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in the late seventies. I was there one weekend and did not know they were filming. It was a hot afternoon so I took a bye on the fudge and went to a matinee of "Superman" at the theater on the island. During the film, the sound went out. A young man in the audience stood and recited everybody's lines, in sync with the movie until the sound came back. After the movie was over, I saw the young man... It was Christopher reeve who was on the island for the filming.

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I got a $4 gold Stella on eBay for $10. Naturally the buyer pulled the auction.

5. Idries Pappas

Idries Pappas Well-Known Member

One time I dreamed that I bought a handful of raw pre-1933 US gold coins for $50 at an antique shop...

tommyc03 likes this.
  6. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

I had a dream about having a dream about having a dream, it was really confusing! Dillan

MikeinWyo, tommyc03 and Numiser like this.
  7. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

Yes I have! And my mom even had a dream that I had found a coin that only one was made and I had it and people were trying to steal it. Lol

tommyc03 and Collecting Nut like this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Where do you live? Oh wait, it was a dream. lol

9. cash4coin

cash4coin ran 20 redlights

Didn't dream about coins. I did wake up with coins on my eyes once.

manny9655 likes this.
  10. MisterWD

MisterWD Active Member

Say what?!! I'm confused.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It was just a dream.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  12. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

It has happened to me several times. I don't usually remember my dreams very well, but I collect world coins and like to search junk bins, and I've had several dreams that I remember where I'm just finding world coins somewhere and trying to stuff them in my pockets. One time I think it was in a river. Another time it was in the coin return of some vending machines. I never really take the time to look at the coins. I'm just trying to get them in my pockets so I can get out of there and look later. I've had at least three or four variations on that dream.

13. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

I once dreamed that I was appointed by Emperor Aurelian to investigate the mint workers at the Roman Mint on suspicion of stealing silver meant for coinage. This has a basis in real life as Emperor Aurelian did in fact shut down the Roman mint and fired several officials for stealing the silver meant for coins. As Roman coins at that time were down to 5% silver, none were the wiser about this theft until Aurelian cleaned the joint.

In my dream I tracked down the culprits, a band of Dacian slaves whom had been appointed as mint supervisors, and who were using the stolen silver to fund a plot to murder the Emperor. The dream ended with the culprits dying in the arena and I being rewarded with a villa in southern Italy.

Here is an antoninianus of Aurelian (supposedly 5% silver unless the mint supervisors stole the silver).

j9aqh1.jpg

14. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

I hope nobody minds if I resurrect this thread.

Anyway, I had an interesting coin-related dream last night myself. I dreamt that I had found $600.00 in silver halves on property owned by my grandparents in Ohio. However, these half dollars weren't just Kennedy or Franklin halves; it was almost exclusively Walkers, Barbers, and Seated halves with a decent number of Capped Bust halves and Commemorative halves mixed in as well. Interestingly one of the commemorative halves was an impossible coin that the mint never struck or was even considered by Congress. That coin commemorated the 100th anniversary of President James A. Garfield's birth in 1831 and was dated 1935. It was about then I realized it was a dream and woke up.

Cheech9712, LakeEffect and ddddd like this.
  15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

That's the part I always hate about these dreams.

wxcoin, Bradley Trotter and ddddd like this.
  16. ddddd

ddddd Member

Funny that this thread was brought back as I had a coin dream too. This one was about a coin show that was being set up. For some reason the parts of the dream that I remember are that the big table in the back was occupied by a Pokémon card dealer (instead of coins) and that the Prosciutto man wasn't coming to this show (not sure why there would be one in the first place but that was in the dream :p).

17. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I had one a few weeks back when there was all the hype about the V75s and trying to get them. I dreamed that I was on the mint's website trying to get some limited edition offering and had a strategy all planned out. I got on and they had multiple new offerings mixed in to the list and couldn't find the product I was looking for. By the time I found it, it was sold out. Hopefully this doesn't turn into Deja Vu some day. lol

18. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

No way I'm going to share my dreams. I don't get any respect in them either.

19. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

penny for your thoughts or dreams ..... or nightmares ???
    :)

Cheech9712 likes this.
  20. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

As long as the penny is an 1877 IHC it will be woth getting banned from CT for life.

Cheech9712 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  21. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I've had coin related dreams often but nothing that resembles my real life. It's always about a cache I have hidden in a large cabinet. And each time I dream a little more of the coins are gone. They are not all gone yet so I would expect this fiasco to continue until they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted