Ever bought from Soler y Llach?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by kazuma78, Oct 19, 2019.

1. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

I found a piece I've been looking for for awhile on sixbid and the auction house is Soler y Llach. I've never bid there or heard of them and wanted to know if its reputable and how the experience was and how the coins turned out if you have bid there before. The piece I'm looking at would be roughly $1500 after premium so I want to feel good about it before I place a bid in an overseas auction house. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sullykerry2

Sullykerry2 Humble Collector Willing to Learn

I have not purchased any coins or stamps from Soler y Llach - a Barcelona based auction house. However, I have purchased coins in auction from dealers in Spain, Italy, Portugal and Japan. One recommendation I have is to keep FX costs down. I only use PayPal as a last resort. I prefer Transferwise - a U.K. based firm.
    The auction house's commission rate is standard at 20%. Japanese houses are cheaper BUT the cost of postage and insurance are a lot higher. You may also want to check on postal rates and insurance before bidding. Spain is not cheap is this regard nor is mail processing quick in my experience.
    While you may have a great coin at a reasonable price, you can also end up paying a lot more than you originally considered.
    Good luck

4. jgenn

jgenn World Crown Collector

Yes, I've purchased from Soler y Llach -- they are reputable. I had to wire to their bank at first but my more recent transactions were with credit cards. Just be aware that hairlines are not always disclosed in the auction catalog description. When they are the term is usually "Suaves rayitas de limpiar". Just watch out for "rayitas", scratches and some form of "limpiar", cleaning.

Seattlite86 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted