Ever been kicked off ebay for no good reason?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by coins776, Mar 21, 2013.

?

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN KICKED OFF OF EBAY?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2013.
  1. YES

7.9%
  2. NO

78.9%
  3. NEVER SOLD ON EBAY

13.2%
  1. coins776

coins776 no title

everybody knows that the big ebay sellers always have the best coins. (by this i mean that they really do not have the best coins, just in case my comment is not clear enough.)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

I misunderstood his post than. I can understand the restriction when selling raw pieces to some extent. Even CDN lists suggested values for raw pieces though and even some auction houses list suggested values in their catalogs. A policy reminder and warning might had been more in line.

4. coins776

coins776 no title

yeah, they said that i won't be able to list anymore items on ebay.

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Call them. They will let you back on. If you don't call them. they won't.

6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Perhaps your eBay ad was a little misleading like your/this post title is. You were kicked off for not following eBay rules, not for "no good reason". You may not agree with the rules, but they are the rules. I think there may be more to this than stated. IMHO.

7. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I see auctions all the time that say something like, "This has a book value of $40!" I don't see how those people get away with it if the OP got in trouble.

8. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

Self Slab Success

I personally have purchased hundreds of 2-4 figure price coins from a "Self Slab" eBay seller who has a 6 figure feedback with virtually 100% positive feedback. He is a "Market Grader" who I believe would receive higher average feedback for the product he grades (i.e. virtually no "moderns") than one of the "top tier" TPG who often also "Market Grades".

I have many of his coins which I believe would be preferred for "Best In Grade" selection by knowledgeable buyers when compared without the slab to similar "Top Tier" TPG graded coins in my possession.

He has a better return policy, Quote: RETURN POLICY: Your satisfaction is guaranteed!, than many eBay sellers. He often doesn't leave feedback, but receives majority positive feedback from buyers. A few return buyers have seemingly tried to reduce his feedback by leaving multiple complaints of "overgrading".

It's my opinion that when purchasing product in an industry with a lack of uniform grading standards, buy the relatively higher "quality" (i.e. factor all facets of acquisition), rather than the "slab".

JMHO :thumb:

9. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

A Possible Rebuttal Specimen?

I understand your frustrations as although I've had a group of auctions removed for various "infractions", I've never been threatened with complete dismissal. That may be because I didn't argue with their selective removal process, as I couldn't remain current with their published/unpublished rules. The removal process appears to be only generally enforced when someone complains through some unknown process. The integral auction "report" process isn't seemingly appropriate for normal violations.

The following is an unremoved "GEM" example which I believe flagrantly skirts, or violates eBay rules: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1899-o-key-date-GEM-BU-DMPL-Morgan-Silver-Dollar-/151017018398?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item232950d41e#ht_114wt_901

JMHO :thumb:

10. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I Quite selling there and change my name due there BS rules.
    1 rule is if you sell 1-2K per month from eBay U can do No wrong!!
    Get below that they Harass the seller!!!
    Calling eBay like talking to a Rock!!!! if your a seller below 1-2K in sale per month!!!

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Doesn't it make you wander if this isn't Detecto under another name? Just say'in. :>)

Draft saved Draft deleted