Euros with the quarters

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hedderick, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Hedderick

Hedderick New Member

Has anyone seen the new U.S. Mint product that contains Euros with the quarters? I'd like to see them, but am not sure it's worth the price to buy.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinman

coinman New Member

With so many people interested in anything that has to do with euro coins, many take advantage of the collectors. Ie US Mint, taking a few euros combining them with SQ's and there you go!! A new "collectible" folder, wich costs a modest multiple of the coins value and packing etc expences!!! Same goes with the Dutch Mint which issued folders with euro coin sets not only for Holland but also for Greece, Ireland, Denmark (with Dutch coins!!!) having more than 10 different folders to show!! All costed 4-5x their face value and many sell now for 4-10x their issue price!!!! Should I mention privately issued UK euro coin "patterns" which are not coins, not medals, not even tokens if you see at them literally, they are simply a fraudelant product, carefully marketed to attract the average newbie in coin collecting and convince him he has a rarity in his hands... cost perhaps less than 10$ per set to manufacture, those were sold at 55 pounds and now sell for 45-150 Euro depending on how "good" the "dealer" who got them is!!!

Have fun collecting

4. Neptune

Neptune & Amphitrite

What are these Euros I hear so much about. I hear they are trying to impose them on Scotland or something like that. Does anyone have a pic of one they can post? How much are they worth? Do you think that they will ever try to impose them upon the US? What are they - Why do they want to change the monetary system - are they trying to make a "one world money"???????? 8O

5. coinman

coinman New Member

Euro is the currency of European Union. Although some of the EU members don't yet partitipate in the so called "eurozone" (eurozone means the countries that accept and use euro) all EU member states measure their financial status in Euro. Euro has nothing to do with the USD and there is no chance in the next few centuries that a common world currency will be adopted....

6. bohica

bohica Senior Member

This is not a bargain! Price for a Euro/State Quarter set from the U.S. Mint is $53.90 including shipping. A 12 coin ONE EURO set is available from most dealers for $23 and $3-5 shipping. The 5 coin SQ set sells for 50-65 cents each at most shops. Look for a dealer that handles both Euros and SQ's and save some money.

Draft saved Draft deleted