Euro with error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by sørlandet, Mar 19, 2004.

1. sørlandet

sørlandet New Member

Hi;

I've had this coin for a year now, and have been wondering if it is worth anything. It probablly isn't, since the error is so small, but I figured I'd ask the experts anyway :)

The error is a small "blob" of melted metal on the globe; it looks like a UFO flying over Russia... The coin is a Dutch 5 cent from 2001.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Howdy sørlandet - Welcome to the Forum !!

Your coin appears to me to be either a struck through error or an internal cud as a result of die failure ( a large die chip ). But not being an error collector I could easily be wrong.

I know that Euro errors are quite popular with some collectors but I am unable to even hazard a guess as to value. But one of the error collectors will likely stop by soon and I'm sure they could be of more help.

4. laz

laz New Member

The picture isn't currently displaying,so I can't really tell you much more. ~ Jim

5. sørlandet

sørlandet New Member

Thanks GDJMSP; this is the first error-coin I've ever had, so I am pretty clueless:) Thanks for the info; I found a page with a similar (but smaller) error here.

LAZ: The free server that host my image must have been down; it looks like it is working again now. Could you please take another look? Let me know if the picture still isn't showing; and I'll change server. Thanks :)

Draft saved Draft deleted