Etsy the worst place for a collector to sell?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by SEAN RICHARD, Jul 4, 2019.

1. SEAN RICHARD

SEAN RICHARD Member

What is your secret..... Lol.... I have several items on there all for fate prices and haven't sold a thing yet..... Maybe I just need more items

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

That... kind of sounds like he was brushing you off. "Try listing it and see what you can get" generally doesn't make people as angry as "these aren't really worth anything", or even "I'm not interested in buying them".

tommyc03 and Stevearino like this.
  4. SEAN RICHARD

SEAN RICHARD Member

I did I sold one for 10 dollars on ebay

5. PassthePuck

PassthePuck Well-Known Member

Are you asking me what my secret is? Depends...how many coins do you have posted? All I do is post coins with a lot of pictures...well if they are error coins. I only post a couple of pictures of they are proof coins. But like I said...I get great deals on ETSY. However, on that note. You have to find the right dealer! LOL

6. PassthePuck

I don't sell on eBay because they want too much for just posting. I think it's what...$3? ETSY is $0.80 a quarter. (aka: 3months)

7. SEAN RICHARD

SEAN RICHARD Member

Thank you for the input...... I've only got like 7 things on there.... When I seen what other people were posting I got pissed off but yes it is. 20 a listing so I might just put more on and let it fly

8. PassthePuck

Yeah, I have about 55 coins I'm selling. But two listings have 20 coins per listing...they are Half Dollar Ben proofs that I bought from a dealer that I'm trying to sell. Haven't sold any yet...maybe they are too high. I might drop the price down to get them out the door. Not sure yet. I'm in the process of buying 100+ proofs in an estate auction. Once I own them, I will sell them on the ETSY for about $10 each.

9. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

I think as some others said if you advertise items for a fair and reasonable price in time you will get a following . You may get some backlash from the scammers but who cares . Maybe it would be good if 4 or 5 people listed coins for sale at the going price , and not the highly inflated Etsy prices. Over time some people would then realize that your honest and have respectable pricing and it may work to your advantage . It will of course take some time for buyers to notice. Good luck with your selling .

Hookman, PassthePuck and tommyc03 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted