Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Freedom..

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by MamaTash, Jun 12, 2011.

1. MamaTash

MamaTash New Member

Hello All,

I am a newbie. My husband found this coin walking up the street in the neighborhood. I highly doubt it bear's any worth, but we have become intrigued in exactly what it's from or for.

The coin is sealed in a tiny plastic bag. It's of a yellow nature, but I wouldn't call it copper or gold. It's about as big as a silver dollar.

On one side there is an eagle with it's wings ready for flight and a banner in it's talons that say:
    "My Right, My Responsibility"
    Above the eagle there is wording: "Eternal Vigilance is the price of Freedom".

On the opposite side of the coin there is no picture and just All caps words: "to enslave a nation first locate the guns then disarm it - 1968"

Again, I don't think there is any value to it, but it's heavy in weight and we just never seen one before. Thinking it must belong to someone who might have belonged to a gun club of some kind.

Any help would be appreciative!

Thanks,
    Tasha

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Good to have you here Tasha. If you could post a picture it would be very helpful. It's not a coin, but a token of some sort...still interesting though.

Bruce

4. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Sounds like a National Rifle Association political token.

A picture would be interesting.

:)

5. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

I agree that it does not describe like any coin I am aware of, but rather a medallion or token. Your pic would not need to be high quality, just clear enough to identify it.

gary

Draft saved Draft deleted