Error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jason yarber, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Jason yarber

Jason yarber Member

Is this an error? Look at the E in America and the l in liberty thank u

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Post-mint damage!

Chris

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Deeply scratched, with various circulation hits. PMD.

5. Jason yarber

Jason yarber Member

Did u take a close look at the E the bottom is curved and curves out toward the back I understand pmd but how does pmd make the E look like a backwards 3? That's the way the letter is shaped ifbu look again. I'm sure I can see that and the L is crooked also if it was pmd wouldn't they be flat and smeared looking instead of actually being shaped like that?
    Did u take a close look at the E the bottom is curved and curves out toward the back I understand pmd but how does pmd make the E look like a backwards 3? That's the way the letter is shaped ifbu look again. I'm sure I can see that and the L is crooked also if it was pmd wouldn't they be flat and smeared looking instead of actually being shaped like that?

6. Jason yarber

Jason yarber Member

7. Jason yarber

Jason yarber Member

8. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Damaged, copper is a soft metal and fairly easily moved. The 3 took a hit from the inside of the letter pushing it outward.

9. Jason yarber

Jason yarber Member

Thank u is it worth holding onto?

10. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

That's up to you, if you like it keep it. It is only worth one cent and too damaged to ever be worth more but collecting is about what you want to collect and keep.

11. lordmarcovan

This.

12. lordmarcovan

If you like it. It is worth one cent.

13. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

To show others what an example of a damaged coin looks like.. sure it is.

14. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It is just PMD! It doesn't take much to move copper around, and PMD can manifest itself in myriad ways. The problem is that there is no classification system in existence that lists all of the ways that coins can be damaged while in circulation. This is why I recommended that you learn about the minting process, first, before you start looking for errors. You're wasting your time with "nonsensical" errors that are nothing more than PMD. If you continue in this fashion, you will end up losing any chance of receiving help from the very knowledgeable members on this site.

Chris

Oldhoopster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted