Error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by erin.candace, Oct 12, 2012.

1. erin.candace

erin.candace New Member

Is this anything guys?
    The rim looks weird.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

Weird rim, but just another silver dime.

4. erin.candace

erin.candace New Member

5. lonegunlawyer

Anytime. Keep on looking and posting and something will turn up. Don't ever get discouraged. I search Lincoln cents 2-3 hours each evening and maybe find a couple of minor varieties worth $1-$2 each, but I enjoy the search. Its like treasure hunting from home.

6. erin.candace

erin.candace New Member

I've been going through rooselvelt dimes for days now, I swear I'm starting to imagine things. Lol, but thanks again...my husband thinks I'm crazy, so hearing some words of encouragement helps. Also knowing that I can show him someone else is spending their evenings staring at coins helps. Haha. He has strict orders to let me examine change before he spends it. He came home all happy from the barber shop yesterday because he had $10 in 1 dollar bills with sequential serial numbers.

7. lonegunlawyer

If you like dimes, then I recommend a copy of Cherrypickers' Guide, vol. II. I believe it covers the major errors and varieties from half dimes through dollars.

Also, if you don't have one, I would also recommend a 10X-30X loupe.

PS Always keep an eye out for the 1982 dime w/o a mintmark.

8. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

If the reverse is centered then this is caused by a misaligned die. They're very common and do not add any value to the coin.

9. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

I think it's a minor misaligned die strike. The misalignment is so small that it probably won't command a premium, but you can always keep it aside as an example to compare with in the future. Here's mine to compare:

Attached Files:

10. erin.candace

erin.candace New Member

Thanks, guess Ill keep it :)

11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

agreed.

12. lonegunlawyer

I will keep an example or even numerous examples of "weird" things like this, even though common (i.e. "just another silver dime" or cent or whatever), for my own reference.

Draft saved Draft deleted