error type set

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Aug 30, 2014.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

hey everybody how's it going this is for all those lovers of EXO Noumea, varities ,die rarity,oddities, double dies and such... For all you cherry pickers this is indeed a good one.
    I want to create a typeset of all the double dies ,off centered, off center die varieties, an such ..

What do you think this set should contain? Has any one ever thought of creating a error type set.??? Are there any lists pre made that you feel can help me build a typeset like this??

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

1955, 1972 DDO's cents, Doubled ear date cent ?, nickel doubled eye date ? if I had that kind of money I would start with these.

4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Some collectors display off-centers
    as a clock.

If you don't have the Plaid
    Book, you really should get it.

The early nickname for errors was F.I.D.Os-freaks, irregulars, defects, oddities. :)

5. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

I think you may want to add wrong planchet in there like nickel on cent, quarter on nickel or cent etc.

6. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

7. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

You could do all the different classes of doubled dies, then RPMs from each mint.

8. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

Personally I like the wrong planchette coins as well as the one of a kind messy errors
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Vic

You never cease to amaze me.

:)

4$tella likes this.
  10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

11. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

12. Vegas Vic

I like off metal planchette coins but I personally want the metal to be different. I am not fond of quarter on nickel. It has to look wrong for me to appreciate planchette errors

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Mainebill and Travlntiques like this.
  13. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

Wow, those are spectacular examples @Vegas Vic !

14. kaosleeroy108

Plaid ?? Send me a link

15. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

image.jpg image.jpg I like the spectacular errors and wrong metal planchets too as well as a good healthy off center strike this the only one I got as I collect pre 1900 coins as a rule

Travlntiques likes this.
  16. kaosleeroy108

17. Vegas Vic

I used to buy and then sell my coins. There is at least one person I know of on this board who bought a coin at a show from me. However I don't need the money and I started to regret and miss those coins so I don't sell anymore I only buy :).

If you search ebay for (pcgs,ngc) planchet you will see many for sale. Just be careful around half are overpriced if you want to pm me or post here with ebay cost questions I'll be happy to respond

18. SPP Ottawa

SPP Ottawa Numismatist

The problem with that is - most errors are unique by their very nature... I have trouble keeping up with just pursuing major errors from a single denomination...

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistry/showcase.aspx?sc=1855

Draft saved Draft deleted