Error Searchers - Post Your Results

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by coin-crazy, Aug 15, 2010.

1. coin-crazy

coin-crazy Senior Error Searcher

1989 cent with reverse of rdv-005 1988

Today I found this 1989 cent that looks like it has the 1988 revs or is this the abraded variety?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coin-crazy

Big Nose

Here is another pics to add to my error list..Im not sure what kind of error this one is thou?

Attached Files:

4. coin-crazy

1990 date doubling!

Here is a lincoln that looks like it has some doubling inbetween the 9s but also im not sure of this error. I want to say its a form of off hub doubling. mix errors 037.jpg mix errors 042.jpg mix errors 030.jpg mix errors 032.jpg
    mix errors 043.jpg

5. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

The '97 is PMD. Something struck the coin and dug into the surface beside Lincoln's nose.

The '90 appears to be strike doubling but your photos are not clear enough to say for sure.

6. Jon4485

Jon4485 Junior Member

keep lookin, I'm dying to search anything i can get my hands on

7. coin-crazy

1955 Poor man (i) in liberty doubled.

The (I) in liberty looks doubled but what do I know.Somebody else will come along and say its m.d......:eek:

Attached Files:

8. coin-crazy

1986 hard date imprint on (6)

I dnt knw what caused this..;)

Attached Files:

9. coin-crazy

1971 cent with a crooked number

Just an interesting coin if you asked me!!:yes:

Attached Files:

10. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Collapsed gas bubble.

11. ikandiggit

The "1" took a hit.

12. coin-crazy

Hmmmm, interesting..
    thanks..Im still waiting for comments on some of my other pics..

13. ikandiggit

Sorry, can't tell from the pics. The 1990- I agree with Hobo, strike doubling. The 90's were plagued with it.

14. coin-crazy

Sorry I thought they were good enough to see details..

15. ikandiggit

Try to play with the lighting. There seems to be too much contrast. Here's one of my pics,
    shot with a cheap digital through my loupe. I also used a tripod to steady the shot

[​IMG]

16. coin-crazy

Ok .. well here is the best pic from the 1955, at least I think . Thanks alot!!!!:hail:

Attached Files:

17. jzacknae

jzacknae Member

NOT an expert in any way, but I will try... If it were doubled, and in that large amount it would be on way more than 1 number or digit (especially if it is in the middle of a motto or date) You will find multiple numbers shifted, could be from a million different ways that did not occur at a mint. I know it gets frustrating looking for errors, I have yet to find one that is undisputable, but you can probably go through 1 million coins (or more) before you find a rareity. You may find a variety, which are easier to find, not easy but easier! I honestly don't see any errors on any of the three you have provided pics for coin-crazy. The 1 and I on the coins I don't even think is md, I think pmd. The 6 could be lamination, or what ever that black goo is surrounding it may have been some kind of acid and it bubbled.

Smile keep looking and posting. Take all opinions and keep going. If you truely believe you can always send them in and have it checked out!

18. coin-crazy

Im wonding is that common for that date??

19. Anarchos

Anarchos Junior Member

yep, its pretty common to see md on cents during the 90's, especially early 90's. Believe me, when you find a cent that is truely doubled, you will know(unless its very nice minor).

20. coin-crazy

Well thanks for the feedback! Here is one of my best finds..

Attached Files:

21. Anarchos

Anarchos Junior Member

And that is a beauty! I was following your other thread about this cent. I'll admit, im jealous :D

Draft saved Draft deleted