Error Penny

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jms628, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Jms628

Jms628 New Member

I am new at this so please keep it in mind.

I have found a penny which looks to have been struck three times. Its on the face side of the penny. If you go left to right looking at the coin. There is a partial Lincon on the left side, then Lincoln in the middle, then a partial strike on the right side. The date is messed up from the right side strike so I do not know when it was struck.

Is there a way to find its value. I don't want to go to my local shop because I don't know if I can trust the owner.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. splintercellsz

splintercellsz CTs Local DJ

We need pics for this one!

4. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

A picture is worth a thousand words.

5. crowbaby

crowbaby Member

Welcome jms you say you don,t trust the local dealer, but he can tell you if its real, you don,t have to sell it to him. If its real it sounds like something that will sell.

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Don't count on that. Most dealers don't have a clue about errors and will identify a lot of PMD as errors.

7. Jms628

Jms628 New Member

Well after reading some post I took time to look the coin over very well. I used my 16x lens and found the coin had been super glued at one time and the strikings I was seeing was impressions in glue from other coins. With the naked eye it was hard to see this.

I am glad to have found this site, I would not have thought of looking the coin over that hard before.

Draft saved Draft deleted