Error Coins

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by TJO, Oct 4, 2017.

?

I was told from coin dealer to send these 2 coins out to be graded just wanted some opinions.

1. Opinions

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Thoughts on coins

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TJO

TJO New Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I was told by coin dealer who is an authorized dealer of NGC to definitely send these 2 coins out to b graded.
    I showed him 2 coins that looked very different to me.

1. Connecticut state quarter which on the front side is just a mess which u will see from pictures.

2. Is a 1990 (D) Lincoln cent which the penny looks like a steel cent but I don't think it's steel. It's the only description that looks similar to this penny.

This is my first time on here I just wanted some opinions. Please be gentle. Lol
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    I apologize if pictures r not real clear

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Opinion? Find another coin dealer... and fast.

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Ditto

Kentucky likes this.
  5. Was thinking exactly the same...wow

What's wrong with the quarter "what did he say".

6. TJO

TJO New Member

He looked at them with magnifier about 10 min for each coin he said I definitely have something there he has never seen that much error on a state quarter before

7. TJO

TJO New Member

I'm going to send them out regardless. Just wanted some opinions or if someone has seen this before.

8. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I think you have one great picture... and a bunch of bad ones. It's hard to tell what's there. Can you get better pics of the quarter?

9. furryfrog02

Any reason? You would be wasting money. I'd recommend listening to the people here.

Your cent has just had the copper plating stripped off of it. Not an error.
    Not sure what is with the quarter as the pictures are too blury. But it looks to be PMD.

fish4uinmd likes this.
  10. TJO

TJO New Member

I have had them for a while just finally found the time to have them looked at. My coin dealer is sending them out with his batch for 30 per coin I feel mo way well spent. He did say the copper has not been stripped from penny he was certain of that he had some coins to show me where the copper was stripped. He does know his stuff.

11. furryfrog02

He just fleeced you for $60 IMHO. Would def be interested in what you get get back.

ColonialCoin4 likes this.
  12. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

That quarter - almost looks like 3 profiles

coinsareus10 likes this.
  13. ColonialCoin4

ColonialCoin4 Active Member

+1

14. TJO

TJO New Member

image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg
    will let u know.

15. ColonialCoin4

I can't wait for those coins to come back without holders lmao

16. TJO

TJO New Member

Wow!! Pretty sure of yourself. I can't wait for them to come back with holders. Then what do u have to say for your opinion.

17. TJO

TJO New Member

I definitely won't take your advice.

18. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

"Dealer" is in no way synonymous with "expert", ma'am, and even if only for this reason alone, I implore you to reconsider, or at least hold off until a select other member hopefully stops by. I'm just a nobody so there's no reason to believe me, but hopefully you will him.

@Fred Weinberg

19. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I think @paddyman98 Can show you an example of a cent that looks like yours that he may have found metal detecting. All the cent has is a lot of environmental damage.

20. ColonialCoin4

Could it be a mint error? Possibly. But if they are so rare and valuable, how did they just happen to find their way into your change jar by chance? If it's common enough to find them like that, they're not rare, and certainly not valuable

21. ColonialCoin4

I hope I don't seem like a pessimist or a internet troll, just a realist.

Draft saved Draft deleted