Error Coin Quarter, Penny. Or just Junk ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Genia Barnfather, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Genia Barnfather

Genia Barnfather New Member

Amos 811 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

If you plan on making this a hobby for you and your family to do together you may want to think about buying a USB microscope camera, they can be purchased under a hundred dollars and it makes looking for varieties easier in my opinion. Some cell phones today are good as well in macro setting I have seen some nice photos by phone cameras but I have no clue which is the best one. Maybe someone else can advise that. Welcome to the wonderful world of coin collecting, you can find some pretty interesting coins still out there and sometime valuable ones. Most importantly have fun :)

Genia Barnfather likes this.
  4. Mark Oliver

Mark Oliver Active Member

@Amos 811 . First question, how the heck do you quote someone on this board? I keep hitting the quote button next to reply but it never works.

To answer you question Amos I just think it is important for people to see things when they learn. Sites like those offer photo upon photo along with the explanation. Very insightful crew here for sure but I think it is important for people to see things for themselves.

5. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

you can high lite the words you want to quote, then a little drop box appear asking if you want to quote whats highlighted. Also, to quote the entire message, there is a 'quote' bottom right of every post.

6. Mark Oliver

7. Mark Oliver

test

8. Mark Oliver

ok, got it. for some reason i need to do the highlight method for it to work. ty!!

Amos 811 likes this.
  9. mikediamond

mikediamond Coin Collector

As others have said, the quarter was vandalized outside the mint while the cent has a genuine curved (concave) clip.

Genia Barnfather likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted