Epic silver and a herd of Buffalos

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by LargeCopperCoins, Jul 17, 2021.

1. These are my coin roll hunting finds for 2021 and I found all the silver quarters in my second box ever and it was 1 day after RobFindsTreasure posted his video on his best silver quarter box ever and he also found three silvers. The silver quarters are 1945 d, 1963 d, and 1964. The dimes are 1945 s and 1964 d. The Buffalo nickels are 1918, 1923, and 1936. The war nickels are 1942 p, 1943 p, 1945 p, 1945 s, and 1945 s.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

You had me at “herd of buffalos”………. Nice finds!

LargeCopperCoins likes this.
  4. Thanks! I had a lot of fun finding them.

BuffaloHunter likes this.
  5. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member

6. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

That's an encouraging hunt!

Welcome to CT.

spirityoda likes this.
  7. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Nice finds!! Congratulations! Silver quarters are the hardest for me to find. Once I found 2 in a box and thought that was great!

8. :)Thanks
    Two in a box is great. One YouTuber I watch went through 60 boxes of quarters last year and only found 4 silvers.

9. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Ten years ago the average was one silver quarter found per every 10,000 quarters searched, or one out of every five boxes. To find one out of every 15 boxes is quite unfortunate but not entirely surprising.

Now I don't know what their collecting goals were but I would like to say going through 60 boxes of quarters, if all the searcher was looking for was silver, is rather maddening and a waste of one's life (albeit it was 2020 so perhaps the searcher didn't have much else to do with their time).

But on the plus side I'd expect this searcher to have a good strong back from lifting so many boxes!

10. He also looks for w quarters and errors and he found lots of those, but it was a tough search for silver.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice finds, congratulations and welcome to CT.

12. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

Just don't roller skate in that buffalo herd.

Draft saved Draft deleted