End Roll Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Petee

Petee New Member

Honestly, I couldnt tell the difference between a doctored one and a legit one unless it was really blatant, but I really dont plan on getting any rolls. At least off ebay. If you were so inclined you might post some pics of ones that are doctored, it might help out some people who are planning to get some.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Really, my intention for my silver stash is as an emergency fund or hopefully for my daughters college education or down payment for a house. Something along those lines. I hope I never have to sell what I've pulled from circulation, unless of course silver gets over $50 an oz. Then things might change. Sell, and then re-buy.
    HOTN

4. Hellofthenorth

That makes sense, my WL ender box produced 10 silvers all 90% which was my best box $$ wise.
    HOTN

5. clorox

clorox Member

Three 40% enders over the past couple days:

2ender.jpg 67 ender.jpg

6. clorox

clorox Member

Two more 40% enders. I love how much more brilliant the silver is:
    double ender.jpg

7. pennsteve

pennsteve Well-Known Member

I have a stupid question. Can a person buy a rolling machine that rolls them like the banks do it? I've seen rolls on ebay that look bank wrapped too, but can that be "faked" with a home rolling machine?

When I say faked I mean they put all newer quarters in a roll but put a silver one on each end then roll it like the banks do it so they might get a lot of money for the roll on ebay.

8. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Search ebay for the term "hand crimper"

9. pennsteve

pennsteve Well-Known Member

Thanks. Found nothing on ebay but wire crimpers. I found one on a google search though. So now I know not to trust those "bank rolled" coins on ebay. Well, I already didn't trust ebay but this confirms it. lol

10. Petee

Petee New Member

11. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Just opened a box of halves and saw this
    0223120914 (Large).jpg
    (Bad cellphone Picture) :D

It's FBL and MS on this side, whatever it is.

12. Hellofthenorth

Nice! Was that the only silver in the roll?
    HOTN

13. Inquisitive

I haven't opened it yet! Maybe on my lunch break.

14. Hellofthenorth

Be sure to let us know. I'd consider it a good box already.
    HOTN

15. Inquisitive

Another 3 Frankies were in the roll. My best BWR ever. I'll post totals for the box over on the rollsearching thread.

16. Merc Crazy

Wow.

17. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

Awesome roll Inquisitive!

I got a roll of halves earlier today with a Mexican 10 Peso as the Ender, and it had a '64 Kennedy inside as well. I thought about waiting until I got home to take a picture for you all, but my curiousity got the best of me and I ripped into before I got home. Was nice to see the Kennedy sitting inside. You must have really been crapping in your pants when you saw 3 more White edges in that roll, especially when they all turned out to be Bennys!

18. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

Awesome roll Inquisitive!<BR><BR>I got a roll of halves earlier today with a Mexican 10 Peso as the Ender, and it had a '64 Kennedy inside as well.&nbsp; I thought about waiting until I got home to take a picture for you all, but my curiousity got the best of me and I ripped into before I got home.&nbsp; Was nice to see the Kennedy sitting inside.&nbsp; You must have really been crapping in your pants when you saw 3 more White edges in that roll, especially when they all turned out to be Bennys!

19. Merc Crazy

[​IMG]

Also, not really an ender, but things I enjoy seeing on top of dime bags when I open them...

[​IMG]

Noah Finney and Bambooski like this.
  20. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

There's an easy way to tell a "doctored" roll from a legit one on ebay. The homemade rolls have titles like "L@@K UNSEARCHED Wheat SHOTGUN ROLL!!!!! Indian Head and Mercury Dime ends!" Then the rolls have an IHC reverse on one side, and a merc reverse on one side. Generally the merc reverse will have a D mintmark and in the auction it will say "COULD IT BE A 1916 D? WHO KNOWS?!?!?!"

Welcome to unsearched rolls on ebay.

21. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Merc, I'm sure I've asked before, but what banks are you getting bags from? Are they Bank bags of $500 in dimes (or whatever denom.) or coin sorter bags?

Draft saved Draft deleted