End Roll Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

I'm pretty new to CRH but I'd say that half (about 20 by now) of my String rolls come with at least one end messed up.

4. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

1943. There was another 1943 inside another roll too!

5. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

I suppose that one of their machines also needs maintenance. The last 2 boxes of String wrapped cents I bought were pretty clean. Just a few small circle cuts. < shrugs >

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  6. Christobal

Bermuda

7. Thanks

8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

9. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

Hi everybody,

I recently purchased three boxes of what purported to be Federal Reserve cents in boxes sealed by the FR. The rolls identify Loomis. I opened two of the three boxes and searched the ends of those rolls. In each box I found one roll with a wheat cent at one end. Here are photographs of those rolls. (I know it is best not to cause you guys neck sprain by posting coins where the head is not at the top. But the date wasn't legible any other way on this coin.)

I am not a betting person, but if I were, I would bet the third box of cents I got from that same seller will also have one roll with a wheat cent showing at the end. What do you think the odds are? You see a slight tear in the bottom photograph because I almost forgot to take a photograph before opening it.

Have a great week.

IMG_3035.JPG IMG_3038.JPG

10. LaCointessa

I just knew it! Just like the first two boxes I got from the same seller, the third box of cent rolls also contained one roll with a wheat at the end. I guess that does not bode well for what I will find inside all these rolls; I'm bummed; but, search I must. I believe I have learned my lesson about purchasing rolls of coins on line. Thank goodness I did not pay much over the face value of these boxes to have them delivered. Here's a photograph. I had to push/pry the roll paper away to see the last digit of the date.
    IMG_3077.JPG Here's a photograph of that roll with the wheat at the end.

moneycostingmemoney and Bman33 like this.
  11. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I just read your post and saw that you did buy the coins on line. I want you to know that you can get them from the bank for face value. I buy two boxes a week at my bank. Just ask around and I'm sure at least one bank will order for you.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    LaCointessa likes this.
  12. DozerD

DozerD Member

Enders are nice to see right away, but what was your WHEAT count for each box?, and any thing older than 1940'?

13. LaCointessa

Hi DozerD! I just started going through them. Only received them last Thursday. I found another wheat 1950D this afternoon and there are another 140 rolls to go! Yeeee haw! Think I'll open some tonight. When I saw only one roll in each box with a wheat at the end I started to wonder if the boxes might have been arranged. I have read so much about that. I'll report back what all I found.

14. LaCointessa

Yes. Right. Thank you. I have learned my lesson. I will ask one of my banks to order them. I don't like the schlepping, (I am a Cointessa, after all), but I'll deal with it.

15. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

16. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

17. Christobal

18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

19. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

image.jpg From the same box last week

image.jpg