End Roll Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

I was such a Newbie, that I was like "Huh? what in the world is this? This is not a half dollar!?"

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

I did not know you could buy rollers to make rolls look as though they came right from the bank. I wonder if that is what these guys are doing. I can see people selling the rolls with enders as long as they are putting in the description that the ender maybe the only silver in the roll. You never know though just by weighing a roll. It could have 40%er's in there. I have weighed rolls that I figured would be all clad and they turn out 40%ers. Has anyone else seen that. Both clad and 40%ers weigh in at 11 grams correct?
    HOTN

4. Hellofthenorth

I could see how that would happen, escpecially for me since I've only seen a few in my shorts days of collecting and I don't have one and have never found one.
    HOTN

5. Hellofthenorth

Box 2 from 2/9/12 - 2 enders

Box 2 from yesterday had two enders and a total of 14 silvers.
    :D
    2 x WL's
    6 x 1964's
    6 x 40%er's

The Bi Cent proof is a real nice looking coin and that roll had a 1964 in it as well.

double ender.jpg

HOTN

6. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

That bicent is def. silver, tough find in a roll, nice! Here's a couple I picked up over the past 5 days or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vince11229, spirityoda and Bambooski like this.
  7. Hellofthenorth

Merc,

What was the one to the left of the Franklin, it looks proof like. Nice Finds for a weeks worth of work.
    HOTN

8. RobertAPearce

RobertAPearce Member

AWESOME STUFF GUYS! Keep up the good work!

Robert

9. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

'79-S proof.

10. mackwork

mackwork Caretaker of old coins & currency

11. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

12. ThinnPikkins

ThinnPikkins Well-Known Member

2011-08-27 11.28.24.jpg 2011-09-21 13.05.19.jpg

The roll on the right had that rev showing, I knew it was silver but I had to make sure. That was about 5 months ago and I was still a novice roll searcher (was only searching for about g months prior to finding those)

13. Hellofthenorth

Serious roller damage on that 2009 cent, that's too bad. Looks BU otherwise
    HOTN

14. Hellofthenorth

Love that WL reverse ender.
    HOTN

15. vtvick777

vtvick777 Member

I had posted this before, but thought I'd post it in this thread as well. These are two Franklin enders that I pulled out of 1 box during 3 great boxes in a row that I had. Each had 2 Franklins in them, I ended up getting 9 in the box.
    027.jpg
    Also, just a story, during one of the first boxes I went through, I was opening the rolls and my sister came over. She asked what I was looking for and I told her anything before 1971. I showed her a 1964 and 1967 I had found, so she could see what they looked like. I said that the fronts and backs are similar, but you cell tell by the edges that they are silver. She asked if she could open a roll and I said sure. She dug into the box to find a roll that she wanted to open, and goes "what about this one"... It was a Franklin ender, my first Franklin. I was like "thanks a lot." haha

Bambooski likes this.
  16. Hellofthenorth

vtvick,
    Good Story. I asked my wife if she wanted to open my two ender rolls. She could have cared less. I got a "that's nice honey".
    HOTN

17. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

But does she get some of the silver if she has no interest?

18. ThinnPikkins

Believe it or not that was my very first box of halves!

19. Petee

Petee New Member

I was wondering about all those rolls on ebay with the nice coins on the end. It really didnt make sense to me. First, as was pointed out, the odds seem like they'd be pretty long on a rare coin just happening to be at the end, especially with some sellers having tons of these rolls. Second, seems like if there was a likely chance that the rolls had much value the seller would be opening them and making more money. Unless you just happened upon an ebay seller with an overwhelming sense of altruism....

My theory was that sellers were making up the rolls with the coins on the end and prolly putting some other non valuable antiques in the rolls for feedback, while very occasionally putting in something pretty nice so they'd get some really good feedback "I found rare silver dime worth $40!!!A+++++". Or perhaps getting feedback from shills saying something similar.

Greg Bayes likes this.
  20. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

I'll start taking photos since there is a thread. I've had a bunch of 40% enders before but I swear the boxes with the 40% enders always end up being only the enders. The only WL ender I ever got also ended up being the best box I've ever opened also...

21. ThinnPikkins

There is a big difference especially when the rolls you see on ebay are always stretched on the ends where the seller has "loaded" the roll. These here are original bank rolled. If you look at the ends you will see they are wrapped tighter that a sock on a foot to the coin, and again if you look at the sellers on ebay they are usually paper rolls ou can buy from anywhere and the ends are so loose that if you turned the roll upside down, the coins would fall out the other side with a little shake.

Draft saved Draft deleted