END OF AN ERA AT DISNEYLAND, POST YOUR DISNEY DOLLARS HERE

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by mpcusa, Jul 7, 2016.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

of course, but we do need some parameters here, since we do not have the note
    In hand, Disney,s are notorious for paper curl as with the last note you have
    on your list, but assuming these notes are in a C/U state and we are judging
    strictly boarders, here again grading is highly subjective but will give it a shot
    and will state my reason why.

1. (19A) Margin in front is really good screams 68 to me however the back is
    Not nearly as good, would say no better then a 66, upper margin far exceeds
    the bottom would say in the 66-67

2. (23) Margin front and back are really consistent if there are no other issues
    present solid 67 or even a 68 !

3. (41) Margin front and back are good on this one but i do see a little curl working
    on this one so not sure how the grader is looking at that but if no points are
    deducted like the (23) will go and land this note in that 67-68 range.

4. (15) Margin really good on the front of this note back not as good, lower margin
    Does exceed the upper slightly which would drop the grade and that curl
    on this one would say in the 66-67 range.

heavycam.monstervam likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

as a side note really like the Disney dollars but the prices are sky rocketing out
    of control not so much on the issues you have above as they are some of the
    most common but the more rare ones trying to buy and then grade to make
    a profit becoming more difficult if you note doesnt go 68 or better the profit
    if any decreases substantially !!

4. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Yes, all C/U, i didnt even notice the paper curl on the last note. Will hafta inspect it later on when i get a chance. Ill give the reveal later this evening if i dont forget. I dont suppose many more guesses will come in.:oops:
    Pretty excited to get these, as i dont do the bay of E, and hardly ever see these offered out in the wild. I think im gonna try and nab 1 or 2 Pirates of the Carribean notes. (Certified) Hint Hint Psssssst PM meo_O

5. heavycam.monstervam

The reveal is >>>>>>>
    All 4 are graded 66EPQ (pcgs is PPQ)
    I think the glare from my images threw you off. I didnt realize it would be a factor, but im still learning how to grade currency .The only possible paper curl i see, is on the Ariel note, believe it or not.(Which sucks because thats the only one my 12 Y.O. daughter really loves out of this lot). The others are all pretty sharp, square, plum, flush, level, woooh im drained. I didnt realize so many factors went into grading these daggone things lol.

6. mpcusa

I think the grader left for lunch a little early...LOL those notes are not equal
    Based upon what i see on the margins, but there is much, much more that
    go in to it besides just the margins but i always start there, corner bumps which
    Cannot be see easily from pics is also a major factor, Splash Mountain however in
    My opinion is a 66, right in that range the rest look better to me, very well centered
    in comparison, so if the bottom one is a 66 then the top three have to be a minimum 67 solely based on the margins.

7. heavycam.monstervam

Bday presents for my daughter-
    Paid 250 for the lot> how did i do? 20170722_094242.jpg 20170722_094250.jpg 20170722_094258.jpg 20170722_094305.jpg 20170722_094320.jpg 20170722_094326.jpg 20170722_094339.jpg 20170722_094344.jpg 20170722_094350.jpg 20170722_094355.jpg @mpcusa

8. mpcusa

Super nice notes :)

In going down the scale and first talking rarity on a scale from 0-10, 10 being
    The most rare, then will give an estimated value.

1st: (2011) $1 (1) Est. Value for a 67 Between $25-30
    2nd: (2009) $10 (3) Est. Value for a 66 Between $30- 35 (needs to Be 67 or higher)
    3rd: (2008) $5 (1) Est. Value for a 67 Between $20-25
    4th (2009) $1 (0) Est Value for a 67 Between $15-20 (super common)
    5th (2009) $5 (0) Est Value for a 66 Between $15-25 (super common)

Based on the above i think you overpaid slightly, all but the 2nd note i would
    Consider very common especially the last two which have really saturated
    the market even in a 67 grade, and to add to that they are the least desirable
    to collectors with the prefix (T) which were basically issued by the gift shop
    the (AA) block or (DA) block is much more desirable, hence more expensive
    But these make great gifts regardless especially for your daughter :) she will
    Enjoy them !

9. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

There's not a collect among us, unless you collect strictly from circulation, that hasn't at one time overpaid for a note or notes.

If they make you happy, and enjoy them, then you got a good deal.

10. heavycam.monstervam

I feel like one of those guys on Pawn Stars, where the expert comes in and quotes dealer wholesale prices to Rick. The collector quickly points that out when negotiating (never works btw)
    Here is an auction that ended last night with my same-note/block/grade/reverse

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-1-Pira...735853?hash=item41ca2bb36d:g:yAIAAOSwwo1XdbeP
    These seem to be doing better than $25?
    I would post another example, especially the $10 cinderella note, where examples have sold in the $100-$200 range for 66epq.
    I have to jump in my rig, and haul ass for 4 days on the interstate, otherwise i would.
    I DO realize the $1 notes are common and not worth much. I didnt buy these for flipping so its all good.;)

I do appreciate the time/effort in your reply, i just think your a bit low, or, has the market for these cooled off ??

11. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

Somehow we'll carry on i hope.

12. mpcusa

First off i want to say your daughter is lucky to have a Dad like you :) i am not
    In anyway trying to say anything discouraging here, just trying to state some
    Knowledge that i can pass on is all, so please don,t shoot the messenger !!..LOL
    and it,s true, we have all been there, overpaying is almost human nature, you
    see something you like and pull the trigger it,s almost automatic especially
    if it,s a want not a need..LOL, a rule that i live by, value can only really be
    assessed by the person buying (ITS ONLY WORTH WHAT SOMEONE ELSE IS
    WILLING TO PAY) regardless of anything else !

Here is the formula i use before the purchase of anything.

1. Perceived value (Condition Vs Rarity Vs Cost)
    2. Need and want
    3. Resale value ( There will come a time when you will sell)
    4. What iam willing to pay

To further elaborate on your notes, Disney,s are not like regular bank notes not
    By a long shot ! one of the biggest mistakes that Disney made was not keeping
    Accurate production figures on any of there "Disney Dollars" so you are left,
    especially if you a new comer to collecting these what,s rare and whats not ?
    E-bay is a very easy place to get sucked in to, especially if your just starting.

the bay is used by allot of dealers for a dumping ground of notes that wont
    Grade out, if you do not know what your doing you can get in trouble fast or
    Spend allot of money on something that,s less then what it should be.

as stated condition is everything, if someone tells you different there lying to
    You ! with Disney,s 67 or better is my rule and yes there a couple of exceptions
    That i would accept a 66 but no lower, the majority of Disney,s fall in to the
    64-65 range, these are out of all the ones produced CH/CU as like with anything
    Each Series has it,s champions and short fall,s on grades.

Your $10 Cinderella is a wonderful note, but many that collect especially new ones
    Don,t consider the serial number, as stated the (T) prefix is from the gift shop
    And typically demand far less as many more were issued (Much,Much More !!)
    another fact since it is a (T) prefix you dont know where it came from, Disneyland
    Or Disney World ! (AA) Blocks (DA) Blocks standard (A) or (D) gives you the place
    Of purchase. so something to consider for sure :)

heavycam.monstervam likes this.
  13. heavycam.monstervam

Im sure ill enjoy these more than my Daughter will lol. Its a good thing this isnt ALL she got for her Bday- she would kill me.
    I hope my last reply didnt come off as snarky or argumentative, as i was a bit confused.
    Thanks for the info, and again, the time/effort you took to answer. Admittedly im still learning these, and its a good thing im not buying them 2 flip, because it sounds like i would take a bath!

14. mpcusa

Not at all, and no worries :) you have to understand the current climate on Disney,s
    Once they said they would no longer offer them and there was a big panic !! the
    Prices increased 5x and in some cases 10x there actual value, that,s why i gave you
    The prices i did, and those would be the prices i would be willing to pay from a realistic point of you, millions upon millions were printed in most Series, you can get
    a general idea by looking at the serial number but still you can only get so close using that method, the prices that are there now wont hold, there are many dealers
    That are in this together trying to keep prices high, so you just have to watch yourself, let me know before you buy, would be glad to help :)

15. heavycam.monstervam

Thanks, i have a feeling i wont be buying any of these for a while. I am satisfied with the small stash i have now. I have maybe 10-20 of them, all denominations sans the $50.
    Unless i see something extremely cheap at a show or something. I did spend way too much on these and wouldve preferred to put that $$ in coins but HOPEFULLY my Daughter will appreciate them even more-so when she gets older. Now i just hafta find a new storage/display method as i ran out of room in the book i had them in. Any suggestions on a book that displays raw AND graded currency and keeps them protected from curl AND keeps them from falling out of the book? I know thats alot to ask:oops: but im not a currency guy so i have no idea. I was thinking maybe an empty 1st day cover album would work, but, not ideal

16. mpcusa

17. mpcusa

if you want to keep them in a book/binder just get heavy mil spec paper covers
    And custom make your own as sizes will differ from Raw to graded examples.

18. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Guilty as charged :D

19. mpcusa

Been there done that....LOL

20. heavycam.monstervam

Hey @Endeavor i recall turning you onto that 1st day cover album a while back. How has that worked out so far ??
    Did you use it for graded AND raw notes or just one or the other? Do you recall- was the one you bought the small size or large size ?
    I have 20 disney notes total, a mix of raw and graded and was debating if i want to to put them in one of those flip style books or not. I used to have one, but cant find and dont recall what i did with it. Much appreciated!

21. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Hey! Just saw this post now (about 7 months later!). The album cover turned out nice although I never filled it cause I stopped purchasing ungraded notes. I have it a little less than half full right now. I sold a few notes but at it's fullest it was about 2/3 full. If you are interested in purchasing it I will sell it to you for what I paid (plus shipping). It takes up too much room in my limited amount of storage space anyway.

And here is my latest Disney Dollar addition after going a long while without buying any...

IMG_20180118_164603_276[1].jpg

Clawcoins likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted