EN GAVE TIL MANGE

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by gregarious, Jun 12, 2017.

1. gregarious

gregarious E Pluribus Unum

I got this coin along with a lot others awhile back from a dealer who i was buying from and who had decided to pursue other interest. In doing so, he gave me several gifts and this is one.

1924 Danish Krone 1924 denmark kone 001.JPG 1924 denmark kone 002.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I like these. I have a pretty nice full-kroner piece of the same era I found in one of the last bulk lots I went through. Monograms aren't as sexy as lions or eagles or griffins or pretty ladies or people with swords, maybe, but the Danes have made some nice royal-monogram coins. These have nice bold fonts and you've gotta like the nice crowns on there and Copenhagen's heart-shape mintmark.

gregarious likes this.
  4. gregarious

indeed sir!

5. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

If you like Danish monogram coins, here is double joy. ;) For the royal golden wedding anniversary, the Danish central bank just issued this piece. It shows the portraits and, on the other side, the monograms of both Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik. I am not fond of the portraits but the M and the (mirrored) H combined by the heart, that looks nice ...

Christian

dk20kr2017.jpg

6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Cool that he gave it to you as a gift. Do you have a question about it, or are you just showing it off?

gregarious likes this.
  7. gregarious

i was just showing it off, thanks anyway tho:)

Draft saved Draft deleted