Either I just won something good or I did not read it right...State Quarters..Lots of them

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Ethan, Feb 22, 2015.

?

How did I do?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2015.
  1. Wow, great snipe - neat to have for gifts of kids or whatever...NICE

45.8%
  2. Why would you even bid on this? It will be a lot of work to spend those..

25.0%
  3. You should not eBay when drinking

29.2%
  1. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ethan

4. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Im sorry your wasted your Money

5. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Check for errors , cud, ddo, ddrs , you might find something worth keeping

6. Ethan

Really a Waste? I will wait and see what they look like but except for shipping I paid LESS than face, with shipping about 0.32. I did some digging, and a dealer has bid up to $85 or so, I was close. However, if you search the prices people are GETTING for these on the Bay I did real good. I wanted to see what it would cost me to get a 2008 Platinum set as it is the one I would be missing. $9 a set..that is it. I do not think it was a waste as these would make great gifts for kids and I might not sell them at a show...I just do not know until they are in hand.

7. Ethan

Well it finally got to the post office....I am excited about this one for some reason. I have no place to store these though.....I got to thinking, even if I could double my money, I think I might keep them for my future grand kids. I was talking with someone random about this batch and their kids collect state quarters and fill the books with circulated examples etc....these should at least be UNC. We shall see.

8. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

It may turn out good. If you don't sell them at the show, figure out what each one cost you including your shipping costs an put them on the bay for 3 to 4 times that amount to start. See what you get.

9. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

My opinion is that there is virtually no downside to this deal in terms of your acquisition, but unless you are able to move them in large groups then the profit will be nil upon resale especially if you consider the time and effort spent to move the coin. Regardless, I think it's a cool buy.

10. Ethan

I have never sold on eBay, matter of fact, I have never sold any coin. My coin dealer says he pays face for them.....I paid a little over and to be honest I am excited to see them so it is already a win for me.

I am not sure I will move them now, I am thinking of keeping them. I will post some pics when I get them. The ones on the Bay are not good. If some of these turn out to be MS65's then great and even if one is a MS67 then I win big time. Its the journey that counts.

EagleEyez likes this.
  11. Ethan

Well I got them in and I am actually happy. Some of these are beat up so they are MS62 at best but a random look and I see a Wisconsin quarter that is MS64+ maybe better as I do not know washingtons that well. No extra leaves though. However the Satin coins, all 10 of them look very good and are easy MS66/67 but that is not worth too much so maybe these are a $1 piece or so, still nice looking coins. The ones in the flag boxes are in MUCH better shape than the red/blue/black boxes.

I will did further and maybe post a few pictures. I can tell why so much shipping, all of these are heavy.

gronnh20 likes this.
  12. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

2005-P MN quarter has quite a few doubled die varieties. 2006-P was where I found each quarter with some kind of anomaly.

13. Ethan

Ok now I am for sure happy...So to better show what I got, I will post some more pictures.

First up are the box sets. The quality does not seem as good but still they are un-circulated. Box Sets.jpg
    Of course in the middle are the two Satin 2005 Sets.

Next the Flag Sets
    Flag Sets.jpg

14. Ethan

So now we look at each a little better.. 2005 Satin Sets.jpg 2005 Satin Sets 02.jpg 2005 Satin California.jpg 2005 Satin Kansas.jpg 2005 Satin Minnesota.jpg 2005 Satin Oregon.jpg 2005 Satin West Virginia.jpg

green18 likes this.
  15. Ethan

Next is an example of the 'Flag' type boxes (DENVER) 2004 denver flag set.jpg Florida Flag Denver.jpg Iowa Flag Denver.jpg Michigan flag Denver.jpg Texas flag Denver.jpg Wisconsin Flag Denver.jpg . They just seem better quality to me. Still all are UNCs.

16. Ethan

Now for the Philadelphia's 2004 philidelphia flag set.jpg 2005 California Flag Philidelphia.jpg 2005 Kansas Flag Philidelphia.jpg 2005 Minnesota Flag Philidelphia.jpg 2005 Oregon Flag Philidelphia.jpg 2005 West Virgina Flag Philidelphia.jpg .

17. Ethan

So lastly are the Box Sets...Seem to be worse but this remains a random check..

First the Black (Gold Plated)

*****I just noticed the size of these. I am sorry. I will make them smaller. I thought I had.***** Box Set Gold2014HR_Kennedy.jpg Box Set Gold 012014HR_Kennedy.jpg

Attached Files:

18. Ethan

On to the Denver Boxes.. 2004 set Denver2014HR_Kennedy.jpg 2004 set Denver 012014HR_Kennedy.jpg

19. Ethan

And Philly.. 2005 set Philidelphia2014HR_Kennedy.jpg 2005 set Philidelphia 012014HR_Kennedy.jpg 2005 set Philidelphia 022014HR_Kennedy.jpg

20. Ethan

The Platinum Sets

2005 Set Platinum Set2014HR_Kennedy.jpg 2005 Set Platinum Set 012014HR_Kennedy.jpg

21. Ethan

There you have it, 360 quarters in UNC, different styles. $90 face for $119 with shipping. I am happy and I think I will keep them.

Draft saved Draft deleted