Either I just won something good or I did not read it right...State Quarters..Lots of them

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Ethan, Feb 22, 2015.

?

How did I do?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2015.
  1. Wow, great snipe - neat to have for gifts of kids or whatever...NICE

45.8%
  2. Why would you even bid on this? It will be a lot of work to spend those..

25.0%
  3. You should not eBay when drinking

29.2%
  1. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

Ok so while I was posting and looking around I came up on an auction, decided to snipe it.....

Before I tell you how it ended......what do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, I didn't think I would win.....but hey, I did!

That is $90 face...

The winning bid was $89, with shipping I paid $0.32 a piece!

WOW!

Copper lover and Bret Swanie like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

You do realize that is not US Mint packaging, right?

You over paid by $0.07 each.

4. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I have no idea why, but I've wanted one of those gold plated sets for a while. Waiting to pick a set up for about nothing.

5. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

He could still probably re sell them for a profit.

Kasia likes this.
  6. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

You paid $25.20 in SH?

7. Ethan

Yeah its 78 sets of these.....

Yes I did know that, Still I think it is cool....

Well maybe not, I will be working a coin show and will see if I can have some fun with them...

its 390 quarters...in sets...I don't think I did that bad but I have them not in hand yet either...if you look at what these same items SOLD for on the Bay then I did good...

NOS likes this.
  8. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

What are the satin finish coins? Are those some sort of treated product done post mint, or are they from the regular mint sets?

9. Ethan

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The satin finish was used on the 2005-2010 Mint Sets (I think). Business strikes for those years were only available in bags & rolls.

Ethan, the gold-plated coins are only worth 25c each.

Chris

11. Ethan

Yeah I know, but the only thing I am out is shipping, I am sure the platinum plated are not worth but .25 cents also......still I am excited as I see that these sets are going for $5 and more on the bay and I have 76 of them coming.....think about it, 76 of them. No wonder the shipping was high..

Oh and the Gold Plated ones at $1200 an ounce are worth 25.001 cents thank you.

Kentucky, Kasia, rooman9 and 2 others like this.
  12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I think you did great. You could probably sell just the cases on ebay.

13. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Those are all worth face. Or are spenders.

14. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I think you did okay as well. Let us know the results when you sell them at the coin show.

Kasia likes this.
  15. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

I bought some of these at a pawn shop. I got them right at face value. He begged me to take them. All of that stuff is from a Home Shopping Network. Look through the circulated sets there may be error coins. I took all the circulation coins out of the holders. The gold and platinum I am going to off load.

16. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

No matter if their worth face value only or not. He can still sell them to someone on Ebay.

17. EagleEyez

EagleEyez Hoarding coinage since 1974

That'll be a lot of work to list those individually on eBay. Still, low risk investment, and likely much room for profit if you have the time. Def check them for errors, maybe even find a few high-grade stunners for a circ date collection. It wouldn't take but a few of the sets to buy some Girl Scout cookies that are flooding the market, boy are those delicious.

18. gronnh20

I have seen some of the state quarters with errors holdered by ANACS and they do bring some premium. I can't say I found any MS-68 or higher in the sets. But, there were still a few worthy.

19. Ethan

Well I have been looking and now I have multiple sets of the 50 State Quarters in UNC condition for a wee bit over face. I know I did not win a whole bunch but still, other than the shipping, I paid less than face.....I think I did fine. I will wait to see the quality and yes they are home shopping network stuff.

Still 1999-2007 P & D Mints, Gold Plated P & D mints, Platinum Plated P&D Mints.....

We shall see

20. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Whatever you may do with them, I wish you the best of returns.

Kasia likes this.
  21. gronnh20

You never know when that 2004 Wisconsin will show up. Extra leaf, extra dinero.

Post pics up if you find something.

Draft saved Draft deleted