Effect of banking crisis on numismatics?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Owle, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Owle

Owle Junior Member

From what I've heard, auction results such as at Great Collections are off. How much effect is anxiety over banking and the dollar having on numismatic coins? Usually precious metals go up in similar scenarios and numismatics may weaken.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

All I’ve seen is higher prices.

4. ddddd

ddddd Member

How do you define "off"? I was outbid on all the coins I went after on GC besides one (it was under $100 and I might have still paid too much). Prices for toners and old holders continue to be as strong as ever. A few common coins slip by at times but the nice items rarely do.

5. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

I'm not sure about the affect that these things are having, or even if the fears that would result in affects are warranted.

But here's how I look at it. If the banks fail and/or hyperinflation sets in, then I will have wished that I'd spent all the money on coins beforehand. Soo, I'ma keep bidding! :nailbiting:

furham likes this.
  6. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

If there's a drop off I think it has more to do with inflation than entitled clowns with millions in banks that only insure for 250k.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  7. Joel Turner

Joel Turner Active Member Supporter

I don't know how you define "off," but the auctions results I see from GC and others such as Stacks are still humming along with good prices.

Draft saved Draft deleted