Ebay's LATEST SELLER Rules...Pros & Cons?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by J.T. Parker, May 19, 2021.

1. Revello

Revello Well-Known Member

USAFA Class of '77, fyi.

green18 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I don't understand why you are waiting to ship. When eBay tells you to ship, payment is confirmed. There's no scenario in which you don't get your money. I understand people don't want to trust companies but this is their system. eBay is no less trustworthy than any other company.

-jeffB likes this.
  4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

There’s actually many scenarios where you don’t

5. baseball21

upload_2021-5-23_20-57-2.jpeg

:D

Revello likes this.
  6. Hiddendragon

All I know is I follow the rules and everything works fine. It's not rocket science.

7. baseball21

Has little to do with the rules. There’s many ways for a buyer to scam a seller not to mention they’re getting free interest on held money that should be yours at the point of sale.

philologus_1 likes this.
  8. Hiddendragon

If the buyer can scam you, it doesn't matter if you get your money today or two days from now. They can open a case in two months and still get their money back.

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

In any of those scenarios, does it make a difference if you withhold shipment until eBay delivers the funds? (Not snark, an honest question; I haven't tried selling under the new regime, and haven't studied all the fine print. The $20 dispute fee, for example, is an ugly surprise.)

Revello likes this.
  10. baseball21

Interest and funds during the dispute, the dispute fee is an absolute joke that just encourages fraud. There’s very few things I’d sell there at this point.

Revello likes this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

The interest and funds availability are certainly an issue, although interest isn't significant these days. But delaying the shipment or shipping immediately doesn't seem to affect either of those -- unless you're somehow "earning interest" on the thing you're selling until you actually ship it, or unless you're thinking of selling it somewhere else in the interim, in which case you'll alienate both eBay and your buyer.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  12. philologus_1

philologus_1 Supporter! Supporter

"Bridge too far." Indeed & Agreed!

I coincided my final group of eBay listings to close the day before the arrival of the eBay-imposed deadline for my account to be switched over. (It was nice of eBay to let me know the exact day that would take place.) ;-)

Anyway, pardon the redundancy, but to re-express the thoughts of @J.T. Parker, there have been many anti-seller changes by eBay through the years which sellers (and I think small and/or occasional sellers mostly) have had to swallow; but for me, this most recent little cluster of changes was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. After all, there ARE other options. :)

13. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

I don't have any issues with it. Besides, when I was purchasing items I already had a debit card linked to them (so bank info wasn't a newfound concern of mine).

14. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

The only issue I somewhat have with the new way of selling things, is you no longer get receipts from buyers the same way Paypal gave you all that. You get a generic message from ebay that you've been paid and to ship your item to the buyer.
    In a few business days the money randomly shows up in your bank balance.

Draft saved Draft deleted