Ebay's Guinea Pig, New Listings Style Test

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Mat, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Two days ago I noticed my bookmark for new listings in ancients on ebay look different. Thought it was my ad blocker, but trying it with ad block off and other random searches, it would seem I am a test subject for what new listings pages "may" look like.

Below is the pic, lower left is a "tell us what you think" link when I am on it.

I myself HATE the new look. I am limited to 50 per page instead of 200, I liked knowing when the listing was listed time wise so I know where to stop viewing from my previous viewing time. And lastly it's just cluttered.

Anyone else a test subject?

Only works in ancients, for my action figure searches and misc, its the old ebay style.

New Listings Photo:
    [​IMG]

Auctions ending style:
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. maridvnvm

maridvnvm Well-Known Member

I'm suffering from this too. I hate it.

4. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I've not noticed any change in a long time. Are you sure it is not a browser rendering?

5. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

No, because Martin posted above of having the same thing and it even shows "New ebay shopping experience".

6. maridvnvm

maridvnvm Well-Known Member

It's happening to me across a range of browsers on different machines so not a browser rendering.

7. red_spork

red_spork Triumvir monetalis

I noticed it as well. I recently switched browsers so thought it was that at first but no, it's the same on multiple ones. I look at every single RR coin listed on eBay and this really annoys me as well.

8. Ed Snible

Ed Snible Well-Known Member

I had grown accustomed to viewing 200 items at a shot. That option seems to be gone. I see only 50 coins per page now.

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I've found that eBay sometimes forgets my display preferences, and starts showing things in the style you show. I have to go in and re-customize things -- find the View drop-down at the upper right of the results section, select Customize... , and select the fields you do and don't want to see.

I do miss the (very) old customization system that let you change the order in which things appeared, but it was a lot more complicated and harder to use. I've resigned myself to living in the new world Apple has wrought, where simple things are simple, and complex things are possible not something you should bother your little head with.

It sounds like they are rolling out something new, though, and it's possible that the preferences I rely on will be taken away. I sure hope not.

10. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Something changed for me also. It was slight. I was able to view every item in a category with a few clicks of the mouse. Now I have to copy and paste into the search window to get the same search response. I was always searching 50 a page so I don't know if that changed for me.

11. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

12. nicholasz219

nicholasz219 Well-Known Member

Well welcome to your new browser options fellas. Whether you like them or not.

13. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

I hate the new look.

Draft saved Draft deleted