eBay Urges

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by yakpoo, Mar 2, 2021.

1. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Here are some preliminary shots...a tease. I have some errands to run and will open the roll this evening. :)

I was expecting a flat-rate box, but this padded envelope was sufficient for a single roll. Free S&H.
    DR1.jpeg

The roll was wrapped in newspaper, inside a padded envelope, then wrapped in bubble wrap inside the newspaper.
    DR2.jpeg DR3.jpeg

Inside the bubble wrap is the roll in a plastic nickel tube.
    DR4.jpeg DR5.jpeg

It appears to be the same roll as the one shown in the auction. So far, so good.
    DR6.jpeg DR7.jpeg

Delivery Time: Good
    Delivery Condition: Good

masterswimmer likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. charley

charley Well-Known Member

I wish I could increase the size of the photo, because I am having a caution reaction to the crimping.

yakpoo likes this.
  4. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

5. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Waiting Patiently!

spanky gif.gif

serafino, yakpoo and charley like this.
  6. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Same here.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    yakpoo likes this.
  7. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I overpaid for something today. It popped on my phone as a price drop and thought it was a good deal. Snapped it up to find out later...aaah no. Just threw away an extra $30. The moment you don't do your DD, you're gonna take it in the shorts on ebay. It has ****** me off all day.

yakpoo likes this.
  8. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Sorry to keep everyone waiting. I just returned. I have to put my recyclables out, then on to the Big Reveal! :D

Edit: Nevermind...I'll do the roll first. Give me a a few minutes to unwrap the roll and get some pictures...

9. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Here are some better pictures of the crimped ends. They may look a bit different due to being in a nickel tube...and the stress of shipment.

DR12.jpeg DR11.jpeg

ddddd and masterswimmer like this.
  10. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Ok...I can say that one end of the roll was definitely "hand-crimped"...meaning, not OBW roll (searched). Here are the two end coins as received...

Ends-AsReceived.jpeg

...and here are what I believe were the real end coins in the middle of the roll...

Real Ends1.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  11. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

So immediate first impression seems to lean towards, deception?

12. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Now for the contents...in three (3) groups. Here's group #1...

Group1-Obv.jpeg

I'm having trouble transferring the other photos from my phone. Once I get it straightened out, I'll post the rest of the pictures.

13. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I wouldn't necessarily say that. It's definitely not an OBW roll...so from that perspective "yes" (imo). I haven't looked at them in detail since I'm still messing with the picture transfers.

Initial inspection...without my reading glasses...shows that the coins are about what I expected (MS-63 to MS-64). There could be an MS-65 in there. I haven't examined them closely enough at this point.

I'll get the rest of the picture posted once I figure out why they stopped transferring.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  14. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Well, I got a (new for me) iPhone7...and nothing is where I expect it. I was emailing the pics to myself, but halfway through, the attachments stopped attaching. :(

I'll have to try again in the morning.

15. masterswimmer

16. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Lol...It appears that some of the pictures I took somehow have incorrect permissions while others are fine. :confused: Here are the pictures that transferred...

Group #1 Obverse
    G1-Obv.jpeg

Group #2 Reverse
    G2-Rev.jpeg

Group #3 Obverse
    G3-Obv.jpeg

This is all the coins. Unfortunately, I only have pics of one side of each group at the moment, but these pics are representative of the group as a whole. Later tonight (or maybe tomorrow), I'll assess them in detail and post close ups (God willing) of the best and worse examples.

My overall grade for this transaction...

Delivery Time: A
    Delivery Condition: A
    Packaging: B
    OBW (unsearched) roll: F
    Carbon Spots: A
    Overall Coin Condition: As expected

I would buy from this Seller again, but not at these prices.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    ddddd, John Burgess and masterswimmer like this.
  17. masterswimmer

That lone F looms large in the original marketing of the eBay listing.

Without close-ups it's impossible for the rest of us to see how good or not so good the coins are.

Good luck with the fine details. Hoping you come up with a few 65's maybe 65+.

yakpoo likes this.
  18. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I'll do my best to get high-def pictures of the best examples.

19. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

Ebay truly sucks. This dolt openly admitted to trying to scam people with a “rare 1972 Roosevelt dime with no mint mark” for $50. Ebay didn’t GAF.
    upload_2021-5-30_16-18-37.jpeg

GH#75 likes this.
  20. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Can you leave the seller all that info on his feedback?

My overall grade for this transaction...
    Delivery Time: A
    Delivery Condition: A
    Packaging: B
    OBW (unsearched) roll: F
    Carbon Spots: A
    Overall Coin Condition: As expected

I would buy from this Seller again, but not at these prices

21. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

We can’t be sure that the seller didn’t buy the roll thinking it was original. I would have not known what to look for regarding the crimping. The end pieces looked way too fresh though. That would have made me wonder.

Draft saved Draft deleted