eBay tax reporting changes

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TopcatCoin, Apr 12, 2021.

1. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

There is more to the story which can't be disclosed because of potential future litigation.

Knowing in advance what parties might do under certain circumstances, I always thoroughly document, in advance, what may be expected.

That is the also true in this case.

The seller and eBay had/have been notified,

We all know that virtually nothing can be done about Ebay practices.

I've been in the plaintiffs' position for the lengthy Paypal class-action, and several others. Only 2 Principals ever received prison sentences, and none with Paypal.

The seller violated Federal statutes although being warned in advance of potential consequences. Mere Federal notification will initiate a lengthy investigation.

The bank account is only used for Ebay/Paypal transactions, where because of 4+ separate identities and account thefts, extensive funds are deposited shortly after culmination of a proper contract.

EBay and others have improperly dunned my accounts several times in the past, causing over-draft and card-voiding conditions.

All may form their separate opinions, but the only one of value is given by a Jurist.

Just the facts, Son/brother, just the facts!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

ldhair likes this.
  4. JCKTJK

JCKTJK Well-Known Member

Watch the Home office deductions, they can bring up red flags with the IRS.

medoraman, serafino and -jeffB like this.
  5. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

This is probably out of place, but I saw something in our mail. It was a postcard, advertising a Silver Standing Liberty about the size of a half dollar. It's .999 silver. I decided to add it to my collection of silver "coins". I can't remember the source, but it is very nice. I also saw where Rick is selling a 2 ounce and 5 ounce American. I was in a hurry and missed the information. Rick is selling both items as a set. I don't remember the prices. I'm working on getting a set as soon as possible.

6. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

My prediction is LOTS of people will be unpleasantly surprised in the next few years when the IRS deploys these new agents and they get around to auditing the Covid years. I have heard tons of people who have started claiming this due to work from home starting then. Problem is, the space must be 100% ALWAYS committed to only work, no using it for your personal use ever. Most people, at a minimum, would admit they check emails in there, might surf the web, SOMETHING, in that room. That disallows the deduction.

JCKTJK and serafino like this.
  7. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

daniel a DiBiasio likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted