Ebay...Still a Cherrypickers Paradise 2017'

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Larry Pelf, Feb 9, 2017.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

So... was this coin ever sent back to PCGS? I think I missed it but it seems that it wasn't sent back. I went through the vast majority of the pages of this thread and couldn't find that info. I did see that PCGS pulled the certification from their site.

Also, PCGS could make a sound argument that the data was entered accidentally, because the data entry individual probably typed the name of the coin, and not the number (3302 instead of 2425) - I doubt anyone at PCGS has all of those numbers memorized to enter the coins by number...

4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

He said he'd send it back for review, but I don't think he did. No follow-up from him.

5. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

:yawn:
    The OP rode off into the sunset....
    Donning a sombrero, & a serape....Flask in his back pocket, the MPL in one hand and a Glock 9mm in the other.......... the end

6. V. Kurt Bellman

He said a lot of things, no two consecutive alike. I sure hope the next prospective buyer looks up the cert.

Nathan401 likes this.
  7. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

In other news, I recently purchased raw, a 1913 MPL and a 1900 proof IHC.

I checked the die diagnostics and verified the 1913 MPL here.

I submitted the two to NGC and it was Received on 9 February.

It is now 20 February and it's still marked as Received.

NGC must be researching the coins to not make a mistake...

C-B-D likes this.
  8. V. Kurt Bellman

Yeah, considering the kerfuffle that emitted from PCGS that started this thread, I hope they decide to be sure.

9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Where you at, Larry Pelf?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  10. Larry Pelf

Larry Pelf Active Member

I'm still here C-B-D just trying to finish up the 9 coin set (you know the feeling) but I was informed that I should have never went public with this story and that's crazy to me because it's stories like this that made me start coin collecting..Anyway Update: After I couldn't get my coin certification reinstated with a phone call to PCGS I did what John told me to do and that was send it to NGC so with a deep breath I cracked it out (with video) and sent it to NGC well lo and behold it came back a proof coin also at the same grade that John and his team said that it was to them a PR64RB..But for the life of me I couldn't get comfortable with the White NGC Slad so I did another crack out (with video) and sent it back to PCGS this time without Clear View (sense that where the problem started from in the first place) and would you know PR65RB was their grade again so at that moment I made a promise to my family that I wouldn't go rubbing it in no one's face and decided to just concentrate on the other 8 coins..So Thanks for all the Emotional Stress,Inquiries and Patience...LP

P.S.
    I'll post a photo of the set when it's finished

Kentucky and Johnnie Black like this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Of, of course. Thank you for your respect for our feelings, which are so fragile and would certainly be shattered by a photo of the newly-slabbed coin.

Edit: still looking for the "get-a-load-of-this-guy" smiley...

hotwheelsearl and baseball21 like this.
  12. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I don't believe you, but I'd like to. The problem wasn't with the TrueView. It was the coin. It didn't have the die markers or the squared rims.

13. Larry Pelf

Larry Pelf Active Member

That's the problem with "self made graders" that think photos can catch everything when the human eye can't lol.. I'm just glad it's not people like you working for these 3rd party grading companies and it's really not no one's fault but most of you guys can't tell one unless it looks like a 2018' coin...But as you know more then half the population of this coin with into circulation during the Great Depression and if you can't look through the finger print ware and the coin machine rim ware you will never Cherry Pick one of these Beauties because they are out there trust me. I know because I got one..No Cap..Just Facts

P.S. And I made a Promise and you are no one else will make me break it..Have a Great Father's Day because I am ¥¢€$£

14. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Wow. You are really blowing smoke now, aren't ya?

hotwheelsearl and baseball21 like this.
  15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I don't believe it either.

C-B-D likes this.
  16. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

So in other words- he sent it to NGC,
    Coin did NOT CROSS. So now he still has it in the original mistake label holder with the invalid cert #. Got it;)

Thanks for the update Larry

C-B-D likes this.
  17. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Just go check the population reports if the NGC and PCGS didn't add 1 to each of those well.......

18. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

What was the NGC cert number before you supposedly cracked it again. We should be able to see the quick pics of it if you tell us the cert number for their PF64 RB grade.

19. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Is there a way to see how many coins in a specific grade have been added over a certain time frame?

20. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Let's see the photos of the coin in the slab. Since you had to take some for
    backup protection.

21. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Either someone that remembers what the pops have been or you could probably find the old catche pages somewhere on the internet to compare it against.

I don't believe either company specifically highlights new additions though

Draft saved Draft deleted