Ebay...Still a Cherrypickers Paradise 2017'

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Larry Pelf, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Larry, if you want to talk about why, Your coin, is or is not an MPL?? I suggest you quit beating around the bush.
    Lighting is everything when taking the Photo, If you didn't produce the markers in your photo's, it isn't our Fault, Arguing your point without visual presentation? It's a losing battle.

I think that @jtlee321 is the perfect Photographer for your Supposed MPL, I think his contact information is at the bottom of each of his posts.

The best result: You come out a winner! Next best! A top 5-10 conversation on CT!

Either way!
    Manning up to the truth is the most important!---PC

Stork, JAY-AR and jtlee321 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Larry Pelf

Larry Pelf Active Member

It's going back to PCGS .. I'm starting to get enemies and I really don't need that at this point in my Life...Thanks for your Concern..LP

Cascade likes this.
  4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

[holding my breath].

This thread is time that I'll never get back in my lifetime

carboni7e likes this.
  5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

If it is matte proof I'll happily eat a big bowl of crow. Please do sent it back for review. It can only help!

6. Larry Pelf

Larry Pelf Active Member

But it's one you will remember for a lifetime

7. Larry Pelf

Larry Pelf Active Member

I really don't want that to happen to you are any body else we all have the same passion for this Hobby and MPL's..And I ONLY got upset with you when you tossed me under the Bus saying you had to make a New tread for your Real VDB off the back of my Fake VDB that Hurt me more then anything,you got a magazine article and everything... That's when it got Real to me,I had to think it I just popped up out of the blue with a $40k coin for $56 from a Internet Coin Dealer that alot of people secretly don't like..That put me and my coin in the Black Hole and like I just told Kish when you guy's lashed out at me I lashed back and when my certification number got frozen I lashed out some more making the situation worse,But it did send me to MPL school and now armed with the knowledge I have and all the Professional's behind me I feel more comfortable moving forward with this situation..Thank All You Guy's and maybe I was wrong about saying that I shouldn't have told people on this site but the facts that the Tough Love you guy's pass out is really Humbling, LP

8. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Looking out my window at the Pennsylvania State Capitol, I can serve as anyone's wholesale supplier of eating crows. They're EVERYWHERE!

Nathan401, JAY-AR and Kasia like this.
  9. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Funny. Reminded me of the time when I was in the Nav and a friend of mine was making rate. Someone actually took part of a real crow, IIRC, the foot/leg, and pinned it to her uniform. Here's a generic pic of what actually making rate and someone tacking on his crow is like:

[​IMG]

Stork and JAY-AR like this.
  10. JAY-AR

JAY-AR Well-Known Member

My recollection of "tacking on the crow" was a lot different than this pic. Although it's been over 30 years, my upper arm can still feel the pressure of the crow tacking ritual. I swear, I still have several knuckle marks on my left upper arm:arghh:, Thanks for the memories Kasia!

Stork and Kasia like this.
  11. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Yeah back in the days it mostly was not sewing the patch on, but pinning it and then a good sock in the arm.

12. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

Originally a skeptic, but now I am a believer.
    I have also purchased a 1909 matte proof Lincoln on eBay for only $10.00.

Mine is superior for three reasons:
    1: I paid less (only $10.00)
    2: My certification number is still valid.
    3: There is no thread on PCGS calling me out.

Anyway, to all the haters out there here is a photo:

2276950.jpg

Johnnie Black, ddddd and JAY-AR like this.
  13. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Ditto for me! How things have changed!

JAY-AR likes this.
  14. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I'm necro'ing this thread. I feel like I just read a 10 novel series and the author died before the last one was written.

Whatever happened? I'm assuming the coin was determined to be a business strike.

hotwheelsearl and BigTee44 like this.
  15. V. Kurt Bellman

It's worse than that! I believe you HAVE read the last word. As far as I know, the certification has been cancelled, but the OP refuses to resubmit the coin. It IS the "poster child" of caveat emptor. Just because a coin is in a legitimately done major TPG slab, doesn't mean it is what the slab says it is. You have to almost ASSUME you're being conned and do your due diligence accordingly.

JPeace$ and Johnnie Black like this.
  16. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Last word from Larry Pelf was that he sent it to PCGS for review.

17. V. Kurt Bellman

You'll forgive me if I think that's a lie.

18. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I cant remember if ive even commented, in this thread until now. Since this guy fell for the old banana in the tailpipe trick. I cant say i blame him for wanting to keep the coin in it its fancy valuable holder. If he DOES though, He should leave a note saying: bury me with my 9, and my PCGS MPL. (There! Problem solved)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  19. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

This whole deal was so messed up. When he came back here to brag that PCGS called it a Matte proof, his new found fortune turned out to be worth only a few dollars. That had to be hard to swallow.

20. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Sometimes it's good not to brag too loud. I think all of this should be taken as a good learning experience for everyone.

21. V. Kurt Bellman

Again, the story is even WORSE than that. AFTER the coin was revealed to NOT be a Matte Proof, the SELLER used the story in a promotional campaign to promote their coins!!!!!!

And people wonder why I'm so negative about the Internet! I'm sentient, that's why!

Johnnie Black, wxcoin and Nathan401 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted