Ebay sellers and pvc flips.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by atcarroll, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

Am I out of line for giving ebay sellers neutral feedback if i'm satisfied with the coin, but they shipped it in a pvc flip?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Yes. PVC flips are actually recommended for transportation because they are very soft. They just shouldn't be used for long term storage.

Smojo and Kentucky like this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

When I was actively buying on eBay, it was very common for sellers to use the cheapest flips possible. When they're selling thousands of coins, why spend the extra money when they don't know if the buyer will keep it in it or not? I always put the coin in a holder of my choice, anyway.

Chris

Kentucky and brandon spiegel like this.
  5. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Yes. Do you mind posting your ebay name?

BigTee44 likes this.
  6. atcarroll

so you can block me? atcarroll78. If you're a seller who ships in pvc, i don't want anything you're selling.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    BigTee44 likes this.
  7. atcarroll

[QUOTE=" When they're selling thousands of coins, why spend the extra money when they don't know if the buyer will keep it in it or not?

Chris[/QUOTE]
    Because pvc is destructive to coins? Is it ok because it's cheap, or is it wrong to put coins in pvc, period?

8. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

Yes. If you're giving negative or even neutral feedback based on a holder which you didn't pay for(you bought a coin, not a holder) then I don't want any business from you. So yes, please provide your ID so we can block you.

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

funny

10. atcarroll

so, pvc is only bad if it's your coins, if you save money using it it's good?

11. jwitten

Thanks. I do not ship in PVC, but will be happy to block anyone who give's neutrals so easily.

Kentucky and BigTee44 like this.
  12. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

When you admit you're satisfied with a coin and still leave neutral feedback anyway you're gonna quickly find yourself on most sellers blocked lists

13. atcarroll

Why? i've never sold on ebay, only bought. what else can i do to let them know that pvc is not ok?

14. YOC

YOC Well-Known Member

Yes I'd block him too. If he has to ask if its wrong...then he knows its probably wrong.

15. YOC

YOC Well-Known Member

dont do anything, just dont buy from them if you arent happy....

16. jwitten

You can maybe message them and let them know? Some people might not have a clue. If they bought the coin in that holder they do not deserve that neutral.

C-B-D likes this.
  17. jwitten

Don't ask a question if you do not want honest answers.

Smojo, tommyc03 and Jaelus like this.
  18. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's not butthurt. Unless they changed it (I haven't been paying attention) leaving anything but perfect feedback has an impact on if sellers can get top rated discounts and where their listings appear in search results. In other words you're potentially costing them a lot of money by doing that.

A sellers only defense on eBay is their blocked list

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    jwitten likes this.
  19. YOC

YOC Well-Known Member

BLOCKED

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
    baseball21 and jwitten like this.
  20. atcarroll

only a shyster would put a coin in a pvc flip

21. atcarroll