Ebay seller selling fake gold... report away!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jwitten, Aug 28, 2015.

1. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Endeavor likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Not even a decent fake and already 15 bids .

Endeavor likes this.
  4. jwitten

Check his other ones as well

Endeavor likes this.
  5. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

Whoa, what'd they do to that thing with the huge curved scratches by the rim?!

6. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

I only see 7 bids. It could be someone bidding to win and to spare a victim. I also wouldn't doubt the seller is shill bidding it to drive up the bid count and incite interest. They have already demonstrated that they are a trickster. Hopefully it's not a bidder thinking it's legit.

Of course there's also the possibility that someone actually collects fakes and want this for their collection.

I sometimes wonder why these tricksters go through all the hassle. I'm guessing if they get away with one it makes up for the others that are losses, and then some. I mean you have to imagine there is a good chance that a buyer will realize it's fake and get their money back from eBay. I think with the effort they put into scamming most of them could actually be more successful doing things legit.

rzage likes this.
  7. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

I made the mistake of looking at his other items for sale. This seller is weird

Endeavor likes this.
  8. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

They ended the listing. Reason: item sold. Could it be someone here?

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

10. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

I think even the shoes previously sold were fakes ... yep in the fb section, a pair of jordans were "replicas" ... it appears the seller knows jack ma

11. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Well, you can always console yourself with his other items...

NSFW

12. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Too late for me to report but I would have. You would think that buyers of gold coins would check out the sellers fb score sometimes that's a dead giveaway. In this case the coin was the dead giveaway as well. Think I'll report him anyways if I'm able. tmoney.gif

jwitten likes this.
  13. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Apparently that guy sells a bunch of fake stuff. One of the negatives I just read: "SNEAKERS ARE REPLICA"

;)

Also, the gold coin looks as if it was "Struck" by a hammer like in medieval days. Yeah right.

14. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

If you do report it you have to be specific about why you consider it to be fake. Unfounded accusations can result in trouble for YOU.

15. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

With examples like this, that's not hard to do. Also show them a photo of a legit gold quarter eagle, they'll take your word for it.

16. jwitten

When you go through the report process for fake coin, it gives no option for you to say anything, or type anything, so how can you do this? Also, why do you think it could be trouble for the reporter? Never heard that or seen an example.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted