EBay seller selling 1959 Kennedy silver halves. A must buy...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mralexanderb, Aug 2, 2014.

1. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

Haven't heard of a Kennedy Half that looked like that.

4. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

What?

You'd "report it"? Have you lost your mind??

Why not just email the seller and point out the error in the listing which is what it obviously is?

Thank goodness its more difficult to report eBay listings for this very reason!

NOS, sambyrd44 and Endeavor like this.
  5. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

OK, I emailed him and showed him his error. Lets see how long it takes him to change or pull the BIN auction.

6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I just e-mail him to change it. :blackalien:

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Looks like it's fixed now.

8. 19Lyds

Well gee, now wasn't that easy?

Of course, not nearly as much fun as sitting back, beating your chest and whining about "what goes on in the minds of those with EBay coin stores."

Pathetic.

jwitten likes this.
  9. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Exactly. Reporting it to eBay is the wrong course of action in this instance. That should have been obvious.

jwitten likes this.
  10. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

When ever I see a mistake like that I always send a email. I've done this with dealers as well as eBay sellers

Endeavor likes this.
  11. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about sending him a message saying he listed these as Franklins when they are kennedys. He would REALLY be confused then, haha.

NOS, Rassi and Endeavor like this.
  12. Barnabus

Barnabus Member

What hoops does one have to jump through to report a counterfeit or a error?

I personally have messaged over 50 sellers about their obvious lies on Silver coins. (IE) 1970 5 Schilling Austria Silver coin, or Netherlands coins being sold as silver for 1990 (not proofs) It seems people love to list the color of an obviously nickel colored coin as silver colored. Similar to Selling " 9.25 necklace silver" and you get a 9.25 "(in) long silver colored steel necklace. Idk, I am not dishonest and I make a decent $.

13. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

What hoops do you need to jump through to report it? Hardly any. Just click on the "Report item" link, at the top right of the Description section.

What hoops do you need to jump through to get anyone to act on the report? Well, we're still trying to figure that out, so far without success.

14. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

For long term success, dealing with people honestly is the best policy. If you burn people you will not get repeat or referral business. Scammers are only looking for a quick buck. They are lazy and foolish. In the end they only hurt themselves. Scammers will never have more than the person who took the time and effort to build something over many years.

15. 19Lyds

Exactly. Someone that has thousands of feedback and that lists a lot of coins, eventually makes a serious mistake in a listing by either copying one of his other listings or simply using the wrong template. I've done it myself and received emails letting me know of my goof.

The history on this listing is interesting though in that it originally went up on June 19th, 2014. He marked it as a "Sale" item several times over the course of the listing yet never once noticed the error. (EBay stores can have 10%, 20%, xx% off sales on items which are listed "until they sell".)

The last revision was for the listing title.

16. 19Lyds

If you out and out "challenge" a seller by stating that they are "lying" about the authenticity of what it is they are selling instead of stating "why" you "think" its not authentic, most sellers will simply throw the email in the trash instead of getting into a pissing match with someone who has all the outward appearances of just being a jerk.

There are a lot of "new" ebay sellers and some are definitely out to scam you. Unfortunately, since eBay changed their policies regarding the reporting of this stuff, most "reports" through the standard "Report this Item" links don't even get looked at until the listing has ended.

The best bet, is to report the item on the various coin forums.

NOS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted