ebay seller question( for the experts here)

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Beginner345, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Beginner345

Beginner345 Active Member

I bought several coins from this seller in the past. they always appear dark brown .. as if they were covered in oil or something or a fake brown patina

does anyone know if this seller is reputable or not? Just curious

I think the coins are genuine but I wanted to ask you guys to make sure.

https://www.ebay.com/str/TATERS-RELICS?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Deacon Ray likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Beginner345

4. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

He's been discussed before (not sure if here on CT but other venues). He's legitimate, sells mostly lower end stuff usually at good prices. However, a lot of the coins often have applied soil, renwax or some other sealant, etc.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

But you 'ancient' guys don't get bent out of shape like us modern folks, on such things. :)

Kentucky likes this.
  6. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

I don't know, but 2/3 of that guy's business is selling creepy cat photos to old cat ladies. That alone is highly suspicious to me.

7. Beginner345

I thought that too Sallent, Maybe the person is a cat lady or something and picks up coins at the flea markets or something.LOL but wouldn't be it more suspicious if the person sold ONLY coins and hundreds or thousands at a time? I thought( and this was discussed many times on the internet) that when a seller ONLY sells coins on ebay- that alone arouses SOME suspicions ( not saying that means they are fraudulent but I thought sellers with a mixed bag of items seems more genuine( less likely to be cranking out fake coins in the basement coin press if you know what I mean

8. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

It's not that @Beginner345 , I just don't trust cat people. I'm a dog lover through and through.

frankjg and TypeCoin971793 like this.
  9. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

I've purchased from him before but never looked at his store to see what else was offered. As a cat lover/owner it brought a smile to my face. I would love to sell pictures of my cats for $9.99 a piece! PM me. LOL

IMG_0410.JPG

And yes, the coins are OK.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  10. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

I haven't ever had a problem with the coins purchased and he came recommended as legit, though he had gone dark on coins (well, anything non-cat related) for months. It's nice to see that he got some inventory in now.

11. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 Well-Known Member

I also have purchased from him. As always do your research first.

12. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

Yep - he was recommended to me as well as legit. Hopefully with the changing weather we will also see some cool cat snowsuits!!
    Honestly... my wife thinks collecting ancient coins is weird.. but there is some cat-crazy stuff on the internet!

13. Clavdivs

Exactly! measure cat twice before ordering a jacket - no returns!

#LearnedTheHardWayNowMyFerretHasACoat

....sorry:arghh:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Curtisimo, TIF, Johndakerftw and 3 others like this.
  14. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

:hilarious::hilarious::D

15. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I’ve bought so many coins from them I have lost count, no joke. Great seller.

I like cats too but did grow up with dogs all my child and teen years.

Only annoying thing is sometimes cat hair can come included in the ziplock bag the coins are in.

ominus1 and R*L like this.
  16. Clavdivs

Ya - he sells good stuff. Shipping to Canada is too high for me generally - unless it's a great deal. Cat stuff is just so funny - I bet he makes 100X more on the cats pics. What a world!!

ominus1 likes this.
  17. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

I see what you mean, Sallent! :eek:—LOL :hilarious:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  18. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

If I haven't already, I wish to welcome you to the Ancients Forum, @Beginner345 ! I purchase 90% of my coins from recommended VCoins dealers. I'll be glad to send you a list of my favorites if you like. There are some great dealers on VCoins who will go out of their way to help you with your collection after you let them know what your looking for. Some of my favorite Judaean coins are from private collections that were never posted on the VCoins sites.

Beginner345 likes this.
  19. That's funny. You made me think of a guy I know who makes a ton from his coin shop, but he actually makes way more selling cinnamon rolls every day.

TypeCoin971793 and Clavdivs like this.
  20. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Is that seller catatonic ? :cat:

Deacon Ray likes this.
  21. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Meet Pedro
    FB_IMG_1537374278225.jpg FB_IMG_1537374278225.jpg

Johndakerftw and ominus1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted