Ebay seller mistake!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Derrick Combs, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Derrick Combs

Derrick Combs Well-Known Member

Recently I was perusing an Ebay seller I watch avidly. Looking over the evenings recently ending. Spotted a coin being sold as an 1890 Morgan silver dollar. I see the bid at 22 something. Go to the pictures and scroll across the reverse and see a pair of C's staring at me. What? I look at the headline, no mention of it. 40 minutes left at this point. I know this retailer preaches the one pictured is the one you'll receive. So I figure the current lead knows what's going on. So I decide how much I think he should pay. I wait until the last 2 seconds and drop my bid and win it for 36.00. The 1890 CC coin arrived in the mail today! 20200214_165509.jpg 20200214_165528.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MK Ultra

MK Ultra Well-Known Member

4. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Yeah it has to be an error on the seller's end. There's another seller I follow that does foreign coins, typically will have 1000 listings on any given day. Rarely he'll have something up and both the country and denomination won't match the picture. I'll message the guy about it and he corrects it.

5. Derrick Combs

Derrick Combs Well-Known Member

I've messaged this place about errors. They leave the auction the way it is. This time it worked in my favor. I think they have a lot too. It was missed.

6. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I have picked up several nice military artifacts cheap because they were not listed with enough information to attract the right buyers.

7. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

Then there was the guy that got the rare variety 1825 large cent for $6 And it wound up being worth 12 Grand.

8. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

[​IMG]

Inspector43 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted