Ebay sales strategies

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mr. Coin, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Mr. Coin

Mr. Coin Member

I need to start selling off my Canadian collection to help fund other purchases. It's mostly lower grade stuff, so I suspect dealers will bend me over. Plus, I'm in Texas, so not much of a market for Canadian coins here. So to ebay I turn.

I have complete sets of the large cents, small cents, nickels, and all but one of the silver 5c. Each one of these has 2-3 key coins and a bunch of cheap stuff. Just based on pricing for closed auctions, and what I've seen as buyer, it looks like I'm better off listing the key dates individually, and then taking what I can get for the rest.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mr. Coin

Mr. Coin Member

The alternative, of course, would be to list the whole darn set.

Pricing for entire sets seems like it's all over the board. Many of the lower prices had lousy pictures, but still seems like it's easy to swing and miss.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Post 'em here in BST for starters. See if you get some nibbles and it don't cost ya anything.

5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Ouch! Sounds painful! smiley-laughing024.gif

6. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I agree with green18. If you're not in a hurry, I'd use the BST before listing on eBay.

7. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

I also agree, post them to the BST. Most of us are very friendly and are collectors. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted