eBay rant

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by eric6794, Mar 21, 2017.

1. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

So I had a buyer that bought AND paid for an item that nowhere in description said unopened and in the pics provided clearly shows an item that is open the buyer sent me a msg after he paid for the item saying that if it is open please do not send, Well being that im a nice person I said that i'd pull a unopened from my collection and send it to him to satisfy. Low and behold the package was damaged through USPS and it arrived to him opened because of the damage and he leaves me negative feedback without contacting me to see if we can resolve the situation. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone and is there a way I can get eBay to remove neg feedback seeing as the listing never said unopened?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

No, ebay won't do anything unfortunately. I have been able to get a few negatives removed by being very apologetic and courteous to the buyer, offering full refund, etc. Sucks, but it is pretty much your only chance.

4. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

Have you called eBay support? Toll-free (866) 540-3229.

Don't waste your time writing anything, including emails. Call every day for 5 days, and carefully and calmly explain. The "support team" can change almost anything in your records.
    Even going from Negative to Neutral would be great.

You only have to convince any one of the five, not bad odds.

The question they like to hear is, "How can I prevent this from happening in the future?" If you begin to suspect that they're not going to do anything, ask this question, "Has this buyer done this before, to other sellers? Would you please check?"

If he has, then you say, "Well, that's a guy you ought to suspend for 90 days -- he's giving eBay a bad name..." :rolleyes:

Did you file a claim with the USPS? Even if they only send you a "we're sorry" letter, that's great ammo to get rid of the negative feedback. If such a letter comes six weeks from now, about normal, start calling Support again, once a day. After 90 days, you may be out of luck, so don't procrastinate.

The older you get, the easier it gets to drive clericals and low-level managers crazy, and they give in, just to get rid of you. Been there, done that. :D

Blissskr, -jeffB, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  5. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I'd give it a shot. You communicated with the buyer through eBay regarding replacing the opened one the buyer bought with an unopened one. Then the package was damaged in the mail (completely out of your control). You went above and beyond for the guy. I think it would be an easy one to get removed.

eric6794 likes this.
  6. eric6794

that is a bunch of crap that there is nothing you can do for someone that buys something then asks to be sent something else via eBay messaging and they leave negative feedback for something they wouldnt have got through the actual purchase. Im sure this has been said before but eBay really does need to protect the sellers as much as the buyers. I left positive feedback for the person because they paid promptly but I cant leave a revised feedback.

7. eric6794

I have not contacted either but I will and thank you for your advise I have contacted the person and they are being difficult so I am done talking to them. Im not sure if USPS would be any help because it didnt show on arrival through the tracking that the package was damaged but I do have emails and the original listing that the item never stated being unopened.

8. eric6794

Thank you I feel that I have done more than enough to please the person including sending him something he didnt buy. I have sent a message saying we could have resolved this somehow before he left negative feedback but he said that I sent him a message via email that the item would be unopened. Well I felt that it would be unopened and packed it to where I felt it would be but like I said to him you cant control what happens through the USPS.

9. CoinZone

CoinZone Active Member

I remember that you could respond to the negative feedback with an explanation that was listed along with the buyers negative feedback. I did that and EBay removed a neg feedback I received from an unrealistic buyer.
    I don't know if that method is still available. It's the USPS fault, not yours.

eric6794 likes this.
  10. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

File a claim with USPS anyway. Every Postmaster has a little slush fund to calm down unhappy campers. Even if they only send you $5, that's ammunition to go back to eBay and say, "Look, even the Post Office compensated me for damage that wasn't my fault, etc., etc."

At worst, you might get a USPS "We're sorry" form letter, but that's something useful to you to help document your case.

=====
    By the way, if any Neocons want me to start a war, I'm available. See the movie, "The Mouse that Roared" with Peter Sellers in his prime.

eric6794 likes this.
  11. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

I think if the buyer cancels the transaction after you offer a refund, then the negative feedback can be removed. You can also explain the situation to the buyer and ask for a feedback revision after you resolve the situation to the buyer's satisfaction (usually a full refund).

eric6794 likes this.
  12. eric6794

:banghead::arghh::headphone: Im going to listen to my gut from now on lol

13. eric6794

So as I figured eBay will not remove or edit the feedback on this because they say the item was damaged upon arrival (damaged being opened) , it was not described being unopened when the guy bought it so I dont understand why they would consider it being damaged just because it was opened.

14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

This is why eBay sellers are quick to cancel transactions and block people, they have to be.

Draft saved Draft deleted