Ebay questions

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Comfortably Numb, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb Active Member

Hello everyone I was trying to figure out if your better off when selling on eBay to open a store account or not. Does it make a difference if you are a big seller or someone who post 10-20 items a month. I also see promotions like what’s going on now “list 200 items for free from Sept. 1 till Oct 1“ is it really free? Or just a ploy. Ebay can be confusing at times. Any insights from ebay sellers would be appreciated.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JayAg47

JayAg47 Well-Known Member

Just be aware they'll charge 10% of all items when they sell, the total includes the shipping as well!

4. ddddd

ddddd Member

You will have to calculate if an eBay store is worth it.

The cheapest store type that gives you a lower fee-the basic store level-costs $27.95 per month (less if you sign up for an entire year) and lowers your fees for the coin category from 10% to 6.15%. This means you will need to have at least $726 in sales for a month to make the store fee worth it.

As far as the free listings promo, that is real. It allows you to list up to 200 items without paying an insertion fee. You will still pay final value fees (10% without a store) if any of those listings sell.

5. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

If you're only listing 10-20 items than I don't think an eBay Store is worth the cost. Which will be $21.95 per month if you commit to an annual term (or $27.95 month to month). They will give you at least 50 free insertion fees. Right now they are running a promotion for 200 free insertion fee listings per month.

A store subscription will provide you with 250 free (no insertion fee) Buy-It-Now and 250 auction listings. A store also allows you to have a store page where you can categorize items within it. It also allows for some additional customization like adding your logo. The main benefit of a store however are the insertion free listings.

You will have to pay Final Value Fees when your item sells which in Coins & Paper Money category is 10% of the sale price. Other costs/expenses you have to consider are shipping, mailing supplies and PayPal fee (if applicable).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  6. ddddd

ddddd Member

@Endeavor generally speaking I agree the store is not worth it for 10-20 items. However, there are cases where it is worth the fee (even if one only subscribes for a single month-don't forget to cancel the automatic renewal too!) if those ten items are all expensive (like if one is selling ten 1 oz gold coins-just a generic example as eBay may not be the right venue for such coins).

Draft saved Draft deleted