Ebay Photoshopped DDO Scam

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by TypeCoin971793, Oct 19, 2017.

1. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Curtisimo likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Looks like there's a overlay done on the obverse, to make it look like a DDO ...

Endeavor likes this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

LOL seller sold a toned coin ....buyer claims that the toning rubbed off on his hands.... this guy is a class act. Too funny

jwitten likes this.
  5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I'm not quite sure I would call this photoshopped as what you're calling doubling can be the result of simple camera shake, but the background is making me question it. Considering the seller's apparently low skill level, it's also only fair to wonder if they'd even have the ability to intentionally manipulate a photo in such a way.

That said, the guy is on his second go-round asking a whopping $5 start with very reasonable shipping, so as far as eBay scams (IF it is indeed one) go, this one would be rather tame. If genuinely concerned that this is a scam, though, simply asking for another obv photo may have been a wise first step, and depending on the response, could be very telling as well.

6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Clearly done purposefully. His description proves it.

TypeCoin971793 likes this.
  7. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

That is how I determined it was not a simple camera shake. The background was one of the first things I looked at.

8. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Oddly enough, Ebay has no mechanism whatsoever for reporting outright fraud.

9. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Blurry photos are a no bid.

Valentinian likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted