eBay & Paypal hacked

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by daveydempsey, May 21, 2014.

1. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

What will you do when they get into you your bank account or take out credit in your name? It has happened to me. No easy way out, either. It will not happen to me again.

mlov43 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

Actually, no.

They got hacked and information was obtained, but the passwords they obtained are encrypted. They still have to break the encryption to read the passwords.

Rapidly becoming irrelevant anyway since ebay is now forcing you to change your password to log in.

Only those who do not change need worry.

ebay will suffer a slow down now for all the people that will be put off by this, realized auction values and overall sales will drop. Good for buyers, bad for sellers.

4. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Your example has proven instructive.

I've changed passwords at both Ebay and PP.

Thanks for sharing....

5. AWORDCREATED

Even those with unchanged passwords might not have to worry about access to their ebay account unless their email is also compromised, given that ebay forces an email exchange to change the PW.

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Not for me. I can change it without anything to do with my email account.

7. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

If you did not get it changed early and while you were logged in, you cannot get back in without getting an email, text or phone call to change your password. My main account got changed the normal account, but I did not get into a second account until today. I could not get in until they gave me an access to change my password.

8. AWORDCREATED

Pretty much what rlm said. We can all still change away at will, but if you got forced to change it, you needed to get their communication.

9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I understand. Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted