Ebay no shipping data

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Greyford, May 6, 2015.

1. Greyford

Greyford Senior Member

How long should I wait before I start a claim on a non shipped item. I ordered it 12 days ago and the seller put up a tracking number but USPS is showing that it was never picked up. I sent an Ebay message at 7 days and the seller never replied. The price was under $20.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Put in a claim of non- receipt with ebay or file a claim with pay-pal. That should get things rolling......

4. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

You need to look for the estimated delivery date. You cannot file with eBay until past that date.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

The fact that the label isn't appearing in the postal service system sends up a red flag with me Richard. I'd be a tad worried myself.

[edit to add] That and the fact that the seller doesn't answer my inquiries.......

6. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I just had a claim filed against me for the same reason. I accidentally uploaded the wrong number. When I uploaded the correct number, it showed delivered. He canceled the claim. It still hurt my account. The only difference is your seller is not responding, so I say go ahead and open. At least you gave him a chance to respond, unlike my buyer.

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I've seen "label isn't appearing in the postal service system" many times. Sometimes, it was a "seller" in the process of scamming me. Sometimes, the seller had entered the wrong info (and in some of those cases, the seller was also scamming me). Sometimes, it was the PO's screw-up, and I actually received the item before it started showing tracking updates.

tommyc03 and xCoin-Hoarder'92x like this.
  8. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Sometimes when I get a package the tracking page won't show my local city until getting it or signing for it. But about 80% of the time it updates almost immediately.

tommyc03 likes this.
  9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

He could have missed your inquiry. I have from time to time when I was away. Go to "My Ebay" & check estimated delivery date and give a few more days. Unless this seller has a bad track record in general it could be an honest goof up. I have also had a lack of tracking showing on several items in the past, it could be hung up somewhere depending upon what form of shipping he used (economy?).

green18 likes this.
  10. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I agree, although I have received several that did not show up until I received them. But that does not change eBay rules. I have never managed to file a claim before the estimated delivery date. I even had one where they told me to file (idiots), but I could not until the estimated delivery date. Now on that one, I called eBay and they filed for that case.

11. Greyford

Greyford Senior Member

Seller has 2 out of 55 total feedback for not shipping this month. Economy shipping gave arrival date between April 29 and May 9th. I'll send another message and wait for the 9th.

12. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

If you look on your purchase history page, each item will have an estimated delivery date. It will probably be the 9th, but that is the date they go by.

13. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

Okay, that is just wrong. This means that the buyer received the coin but filed a claim anyhow. There could be two reasons for that, they are using tracking to see what they received or they are trying to steal it.

As far as the OP, you waited two weeks and contacted the buyer with no response. Open a case now if you are able to.

I always state I received it with or without tracking. Whether it matched the listing, that is another story.

14. jwitten

I think he was just looking at tracking and saw one that said not delivered. When I pointed it out that it looks like it was there, he removed the claim, though it still hurts my account.

15. Greyford

Greyford Senior Member

Seller replied to my second e-mail and sent the coin. He actually lived quite close to me and I already have the coin. I dinged him ( 3 stars ) on shipping feedback because it took 15 days when it should of taken 3. Thanks for the help everyone.

16. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

It does not hurt your account, unless they escalate to support and you lose the case.

17. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Never believe estimated delivery dates, they are best case scenarios. From where I ship it first goes to Springfield, Ma. then off to any one of three other jumping points including Jersey City, N.J., Hartford, Ct., or Albany, N.Y. It all depends upon which the final destination is. I had a package mailed from Md. that took three weeks to get to me in Ma. Terrible postal service. And, it only showed being received at Md. and did not show again in tracking until it reached me. The USPS will never "guarantee" a delivery date if you ask them, just an estimated date. And the dates showing in Ebay are generated by them, depending upon method shipped and best case scenario.

18. jwitten

Not what I was told by ebay. They said any opened cases hurt, but maybe it has changed since then.

Draft saved Draft deleted