Ebay Lol of the night.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Forkeh, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Forkeh

Forkeh New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

Oh, my... 90% silver nickels... Plus 90 cents in dimes/quarters minted after 1964...
    Contact seller if item is not as described :)

4. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Nice Find :dead-horse:

5. pnightingale

pnightingale Member

6. BullseyeBullion

BullseyeBullion New Member

Lol

7. PezDspncr

PezDspncr Newly Obsessed

well...at least they're silver colored :)

8. gboulton

gboulton 7070 56.98 pct complete

What...you guys never heard of silver post-war nickels? :)

9. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Auction ended! 1 bid $3 + $3 shipping! Congrats to the Winner of the Silver :thumb:

10. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

They still mint 90% silver nickels and other modern stuff in Farmington, MO, didn't you guys know? Some would argue that its the promise land there.

11. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

What's amazing is that someone bid $3 (plus another $3 S&H) for $1.80 worth of coins...(must be from Arkansas).

12. gboulton

gboulton 7070 56.98 pct complete

No, what's amazing is that he's probably bragging to all his friends about the "idiot on ebay" who sold him all that silver for $3! :too-funny:

13. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

Why would they have to be from Arkansas? There are people in every state who don't know anything about coins. :rolleyes:

14. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

I sent a message to that seller. Here is the reply, eBay names edited out of course:

Dear Seller ,

You do realize that not one of those coins contains silver? The nickels only had silver from 1942 - 1945 as nickel was needed for war materials. The Mint stopped using silver in denominations less that $.50 in 1965.

Everything you have in your listing is copper-nickel clad, no silver, and you should contact the buyer and let them know this.

Dear ,

Yes i did contact them and told them i feel so stupid and embarrassed. I thought all the coins from from the 30s to the 60s were all silver, hen i did research and seen that the coins all have different years. Thanks for the help tho, Im even new at eBay and still trying to learn

I almost was going to ask her about coins minted before 1930, but I don't want to overload her with TMI.

Draft saved Draft deleted