eBay Listing - Who's Got It Wrong?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by kanga, Jul 14, 2019.

1. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

Well, I know nothing about the series, but I'm pretty willing to bet Krause is wrong.

edited to add: there is another one listed with a BIN of $195, and one sold as part of a lot in 2014 at Heritage for a bit over $100 (without mention of variety).

4. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

5. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

The coin looks to be in really nice condition , so it would command a premium over and above others, however I do not recommend buying uncertified coins off eBay any longer . It is okay if you know who your dealing with , the days of eBay sellers dealing in genuine items , is in the past . There are some good guys yet but are becoming harder to find. Dillan

QuintupleSovereign likes this.
  6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Krause is a valuable resource for a lot of things, but reliable valuations is not one of them.

Oldhoopster and Stork like this.
  7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

In my 2019 Krause catalog it has this coin in MS0-$60.00 and MS63-$125.00 with a mintage-1,000,000. It must be a hard coin to find in a high grade hence the high price. I can remember paying a high amount for a 5 piastres coin with 2 bees on it for $100 and the catalog value is $275.00 in MS63 now. The reason I paid that high price...you never see them in that high grade in the market place being for sale.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Stork likes this.
  8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Lebanon 1933, 5 piastres, KM#5.2, metal- aluminum-bronze, mintage-500,000, I paid $100.00 I think it is MS and worth a lot more. You never see them this nice. I pounced on it. lol. Definitely an upgrade. Mainly bought it for the bees for the "Coins with Insects" collection. Any Lebanon coin collector will tell you the grade on this 1 is amazing. The detail on the bees is the best I have seen to date. Sellers pics...

Lebanon 1933 A.jpg
    Lebanon B.jpg

Stork, jgenn and Johndoe2000$ like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted